Internet Speed

@_@ What kinda connection do you have Sassy?

this is with ffxi and vent running. snug on internet.
Phoenix server friggen blows, not sure why i bother:
157460373.png

157461527.png

157461984.png

EW@ Yokohama:
157462479.png

/comfort Sassafras

@_@ What kinda connection do you have Sassy?

DirecTV or some such. Let's call it the: Myth doesn't ask questions the right way before signing apartment leases issue. LMAO.

/em says to self, "I'm moving soon, I'm moving soon."

Looks like DSL internet. You should give bellsouth a call and ask if there are any higher tiers of service available for your address. I'd venture to say they bundled your sattelite TV with 768k/384k DSL. Depending on how far you are from the Central Office, you may be able to upgrade your service to their 6M/512k tier.

Here are my results from work. The connection seems ok, and it used to be a lot worse.

Closest test location (I'm in OK, not the east coast like it thinks)

What it thinks is closest:

Much better results to LA:

The popular Japanese test:

I'm curious what my home connection will rate, so I'll probably rerun these tests there over the weekend.

Seems like that would go through the phone lines, this comes in through the cable, same as the TV.

oh suck, so it's pure sattelite. Funny thing about the sattelite internet dishes; when snug's parents were getting theirs installed, the installer cautioned to avoid putting objects or letting animals venture into the beam path because the microwaves generated to provide the upstream bandwidth are enough to "cook" anything in its way.

I think mythbusters tested that and found out it was bogus. they attached a turkey to a network satellite dish in an attempt to cook it. nothing ended up happening to it.

Ahh, interesting. It's been a few years since they got it installed. I was kinda hoping it was true.

Back