Internet Speed

Aangeliceus

Kitteh's Meow
FC/Leadership
Someone asked about my internet connection here...

Here is my local speedtest result:

and here is my speedtest to the U.S. East coast:

Natrually, my overseas tests suck balls. :badshape:

Last edited:
i have no idea what that means, but my numbers look like the second one.... (stupid satalite cable company)

i have no idea what that means, but my numbers look like the second one.... (stupid satalite cable company)

In this case, bigger numbers = better. I was always so pissy with Comcast's upload limit... they would give you like 30 seconds of "Boost" and then it tones it back down to the 384kbps or whatever it was.

/comfort about your ISP.

I got a steady 3Mbit to japan here at work. not too shabby.
157029994.png

Strange thing is, we seem to max out the speed for Phoenix local speed test centers, cause i consistently get ~10Mbit down 2Mbit up. But a test to a cali server shows this:
157030838.png

Got similar results @ broadbandreports.com:

42811.png

My home speeds will definitely be awful.

looks like they're using a 768k or 1M SDSL. Not too bad. I think we split a ds3 here between phones and internet.

Is it normal for upload speeds to be like.. 1/10 of download speeds? I was 9800 down/900 up to Chicago, and 2200 down/280 up to Yokohama o_O

looks like they're using a 768k or 1M SDSL. Not too bad. I think we split a ds3 here between phones and internet.

also this is on a PIII running Windows 98 so the 'real world' performance leaves a bit to be desired most days lol

good LORD, upgrade!

you should see our netserver

which reminds me, I need to change the tape out for the backup tonight

as long as the PCs do what they need to do, I don't think our owner will make it a priority to upgrade. we don't really have the money to do so anyway.

157270116.png

Then again this is with me on FFXI, gf on ffxi over thar, and various other things goin on. Donno how drastically it affects it.

I have noooo idea what this means. Hehe. This is the very weak connection I get to play on in my room at home. D;

Back