Inquiry

Aluciont

Aluboss
FC/Active Member
Well, since all of us have different schedules... I just want to know exactly when we can do Jormungand. Please post your available time for the upcoming week so we can work a schedule out.

Also please remind every member to sign up on this forum and reply to this thread.

I think it should be done earlier in the day on the weekend, or Friday. This is because if we even have a chance at beating it, it will take atleast multiple hours (3-7). Having it earlier in the day say 3-4 PM EST, would allow for the ppl in Europe and that of Pacific to attend. Just a suggestion.

Humbug!

Everything in Ultima seems to be 3-6 EST, and smack dab in middle of the weekdays... and that prevents PST players like me from doing anything. 3 PM EST is noon PST, and 6 PM EST is 3 PM PST. Most "normal" work shifts that I've ever seen are 9 to 5 PM and 7 to 3 PM... basically, if I want to do anything in Ultima as it is, I'd need to work graveyard shift or quit working and live back with mom and dad, which is insane. And DynamisX... might as well be retitled "DynamisEST."

Anyway, it'd be nice to see some willingness to schedule some "big" events after 6 PM EST.

My $.02. :(

Word I'll be on when ever I'm needed.. unless I have drill.. or the Wifey comes to visit...

My hours are..
all est
SUN 3:30PM > 10:00PM
MON 3:30PM > whenever
TUES off work
WED off work
THURS 11:30PM > 4:00AM
FRI 11:30PM > 4:00AM
SAT 24hour work shift..no FFXI ;_; This is why I can't make god fights.

Unemployed as I am the only day I have scheduling issues is on Sundays when I am usually gone for most of the day.

As it stands this coming week the only committment I have is dinner with my father tonight, Thursday.

{/sigh} Well, it's one of those days... so I'll retype this for a 3rd time now... (I keep hitting backspace and the window isn't selected and Firefox goes (BACK).
dunce.gif
. Be thankful, each time I write this, it gets shorter.

btw: PS, sorry for hijackin' your thread Aluciont... after re-reading your initial post... you wanted times, not complaints/suggestions. Oh well.
smile.gif

Okay:

I'm Central Time. -6 GMT

Work: 6:30-5:30 PM; Monday-Friday (I get home around 6:00 PM, eat dinner, and am typically on around 6:30 PM).

Class: 5:00-10:30~PM; Thursday (though varies depending on when electives and placement courses are available).

Study Group: 3:00-7:00~PM; Sunday (we don't always meet, and it doesn't always last this long... depends on the courseload, sadly this has started to cut into my God times and I don't see much more attendance given the remaining courses in my degree require group work).

Beyond that, given time for homework and other family matters, I'm open. Fridays and Saturdays I can {Party} {Long time} and my schedule is pretty standard. Around July, I'll get insane 'cause I'll finish my BSM and start into my MBA and partial doctorate at the same time in August.
tounge-1.gif
I'll be available then, but... probably will need slapped often.

While I understand that 3-6 EST works for many people and that most the prominent members are in EST... I think a lot of our turnout problems are because of the time. As Neo said, those of us who work (and a graveyard shift isn't available) are just out of luck. I love a game, but I won't rearrange my life for it. Compromise--Xerlaoth suggested--perhaps look at separate runs at different time zones. Who knows... be creative.
smile.gif

Regarding the ORIGINAL post, the dragon is estimated to take what? 7 hours? 5 hours? If we do it mid-week at 8 EST, then the ESTs will be up to 1-3 AM. That won't work if they work the next day at 7. If we do it at 4 EST, none of the PST, MST, or CST will be able to attend. We considered doing Jorg in place of Kirin... but got distracted by a plethora of other pops and finally gave up organizing...

My suggestion: Post who will do it and set a time that we can reasonable expect 30+ people to play for... (weekends/fridays). If we don't, we'll never have a force big enough to successfully take Jorg down and we'll just throw away XP without learning anything.

Regards,

Well currently i have classes from Mon till thursdays all ending at 3:30pm. i don't get home till 5 pm pst give or take 10 mintue due to traffic.

Most LS events seem to happen around 12-6 pm EST so what evers going on ill probbaly miss out. Oh yea that whole naming DynamisX to DynamisEST sounds about right.

I have work sun tue thur sat usually til 7-8 est. occasionally fridays til 8

i have school mon wed 11-5

i have set party for warrior sun-thu 10ish PM EST-3 AM EST, and as long as the other members are in that absolutely comes first

pretty strict in terms of free time i guess

Well, here's how i usually pan out; GMT;

Monday; college ~ c.8:00am - 16:00pm

Tues-Fri; Work ~ c.7:30am - 15:00pm

Sat-Sun; I'm usually free virtually all day, unless i'm doing something, which tbh isn't that often... maybe 10:00am - 02:00am on sat and 10:00am - 11:30pm sun

Back