info on frenetic rip and spinal cleave

Discussion in 'Blue Mage' started by Aelfinn, Jun 4, 2006.

1. Aelfinn

Aelfinn Moose

taken from Alla forums @ http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/jobs.html?fjob=16;mid=114867075375802266;num=14;page=1

will be usefull as a few of us aspiring blu's are nearing lvl60

2. Deretic

Deretic Barfighter

Could just wait til the Undead swarm hits Al Zahbi to learn spinal cleave and hysteric barrage, heard they use it more... prolly cause they have 100 people criting on them at any given time hehe.

3. Aelfinn

Aelfinn Moose

i think that sounds like a phenominal idea hehe

4. Darwen

Darwen Fondue with Cheddar

Rikkuu was trying that one Beseiged.... she got smoked quite a few times by AOE though lol

Dar~

5. Aelfinn

Aelfinn Moose

rr earring ftw

6. Aura

Aura Active Member FC/Active Member

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news:

Monsters in Beseiged don't yield Experience Points.

7. Deretic

Deretic Barfighter

8. Aura

That's fucking weird. The monster isn't even dead yet.

9. Deretic

Deretic Barfighter

What i was thinkin was he was just going around diaga'ing everthing and one of the mobs around him musta died.

least that is my best guess lol

10. Aelfinn

Aelfinn Moose

the "doesnt yeild xp" thing is a horrible way to describe what you can and cannot get spells from.
    for sure cannot learn from CFH mobs, mobs killed out of range for you to gain xp(ie. other side of the zone), ksnm or bcnm mobs.

11. Tarnak

Tarnak Naked Thief

wrong someone learned bodyslamfrom double dragonian

12. Aura

So what the fuck lol. I wonder if you can learn from Dynamis mobs too. If what they meant was "You cannot learn abilities from mobs whose level is far enough below yours that the monster does not yield experience points" then why didn't they say so lol.

13. Aelfinn

Aelfinn Moose

well then it seems like too far away to yeild xp(other side of the zone) and CFH mobs onry

14. Deretic

Deretic Barfighter

Actually... those ones give abilties also keke

15. Koul

Koul nyquil zombie FC/Active Member

FFXIV Name:
    Chuggs M'Koul
    mabye SE screwed up and just about anything lets you learn the spell and they didn't intend for that? lol

16. Araius

Araius Fatty Pirate

Vorpal Blade and Thrust both did the trick for me on Imps, worked pretty well, especially at 300% TP. Qutrubs on the other hand, I got Vorpal Blade to work once, countless Vorpal Thrusts didn't break it once. We got a BST nearby to help us and between Rampage and just general crits, he broke it 3 times in a row, used Spinal Cleave -twice- all 3 times, learned on the 2nd one :D