Immerse Spatial Audio and Linux

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Not sure if this is the right subreddit, but I figured I’d post this in case someone else runs into the same problem.

I recently had issues with Windows on my PC and decided to go back to Linux, this time with CachyOS. Then I remembered I’d bought the Immerse Gamepack for FFXIV and had no idea whether it would work.

I couldn’t find much about using it with my setup, but I managed to get it working. I’m using native XIVLauncher and the Steam version of Immerse.

The problem was that they were using separate Wine prefixes. At first, FFXIV didn’t detect Immerse at all. After connecting them, I got a different error saying my profile data was corrupted or deleted.

What fixed it was registering Immerse’s installation in XIVLauncher’s Wine registry and linking its profile folder between the two prefixes. I also had to copy XIVLauncher’s MachineGuid into Immerse’s Steam prefix, then back up and clear Immerse’s local profile cache.

After reopening Immerse through Steam, I could select my existing profile and headphones. Launched FFXIV again, enabled spatial audio, and it finally showed “Immerse Spatial Audio is on.”

A couple of useful paths if you’re looking into this:

  • Immerse’s Steam prefix: steamapps/compatdata/1795690/pfx
  • XIVLauncher’s prefix: ~/.xlcore/wineprefix
  • Profile folder inside each prefix: drive_c/ProgramData/Steam/Embody/Immerse Gamepack FINAL FANTASY XIV Edition

I didn’t have to delete my account profiles or take another ear photo. Back up your files and registry settings before changing anything, though.

Just wanted to share that it can work with this setup. Hopefully this saves someone a bit of searching.

submitted by /u/Opposite-Fortune5078
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...
 
Back
Top