I'm Praying That The Ishgard Restoration Rankings Are Using A Tiered Scoring System.

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
By that, I mean that having X amount of points by the end of season determines what rewards you get (IE, tier 1 could be a million skybuilders points, tier 2 500K, etc), as opposed to actually outscoring other players because it's a given that there are going to be numerous people abusing DoL/H bots to bloat their scores with no effort involved.

Actual rank in relation to other players should be for bragging rights and nothing else if they're not going to do an adequate job of enforcing fair play (They historically haven't, so I doubt anything is going to change now). However, I suspect that is not going to be the case considering their initial mention that you would not be eligible for a top spot in a ranking multiple seasons in a row; so as to give other players a chance. Unfortunately, that basically means legit players are going to be on a waiting list to get a top spot because the average individual is not going to be able to realistically compete with people who just leave bots running overnight or longer; moreso when some are also running multiple in tandem to give themselves an infinite supply of crafting materials.

I appreciate them giving the DoL/H classes more love, but it just makes the issue of cheaters all the more noticeable as time goes on.

Continue reading...

Back