Idea For More Relevant Mentor Icons For Mentors

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
I think one of the biggest problem creators within the mentor system today is the actual Crown Icon that players get next to their name after becoming a mentor.
It makes unsuited people wanting to become mentors just so they can have that "Cool A-- Crown" next to their name, instead of actually wanting to help/guide people through the game.

I believe that if the mentor icon was changed to something that didn't have that "cool" status attached to it, it would make less unsuited people from wanting to become mentors.

I thought a lot about what a new mentor icon could look like and realized that it would make a lot of sense to change it to the "Question Mark" icon that is used within the tutorial menus:

2S3Wftc.png

This is what it kinda would look like in-game:

4DCqtiI.png

Since that Question Mark icon is well known from the tutorials I think it would make it easier for new players to understand that a player with that icon can help them. Instead of just wondering what that odd Crown means.

And of course I think that Question Mark would make it quite less appealing for unsuited players to become mentors.

Continue reading...

Back