I Would Like To See A Hall Of Adept And Masters

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
I like perusing the FFXIV forums from time to time. With a fondness of Tank forums the most since I am a Tank Main. Anyway, I been seeing some rather strange opinions and back and forths between people which normally boils down to either "You're a casual player, therefore you're opinion doesn't matter." or "You're an elitist player, therefore your opinion doesn't matter". This is always strange, but I think the issue is that some things aren't really learned about till someone tells you.

I have met a few extreme trial DPS melee players that didn't know their's positionals for their class. Or keeping DoTs up as a healer, or weaving Tank Mitigation abilities while you attack to keep up-time. I always wished Square would introduce a new Halls of Adept and Masters to teach players these crucial ways to play, and mechanics. Like Tank Swapping, mitigation control, Mob Mitigation, Interrupts. Esuna, and DPSing as a Healer instead of standing there beside the tank waiting for my health to dip below 99.9% then casting benediction (Hyperbolic but I have seen it), keeping DoTs up, MP management. And DPS positionals, using Feint or Addle, and showing how to use Arms Length to keep up time (An maybe introduce an special bar color for Armlength push-back abilities or some sort of way to show it happening). Add some fancy rewards and EXP boosting rings from 30-50 and 50-60.

Yeah. Hall of Adept and Masters would be nice.

Continue reading...

Back