I Was Skeptical And Skirted Around This Game For A Long Time. I Gave In With Some...

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
A gallery of some screenshots of my character through the course of the game

First, I'd like to thank you all for being so friendly and welcoming to new players. I'm not fresh to MMOs, and yet when I did make mistakes, I was (mostly) met with patience and help. This kind of behaviour is great because it spreads and encourages those you helped to do the same to others in the future. Seeds of light and all that.

Either way. I went into this highly skeptical and wanted to be proven right and just quit. I was told to persevere through ARR, which I did, and then....and then I fell in love. I have never played a MMO with a story so deep and engaging before. I was never one to read quests or watch cutscenes. Oh, how times have changed. HW was like a true fairytale. SB - very important politically/world building wise, and even though I liked it less, all the lore in it made ShB so much better. Such beautiful cities and areas, and of course, Tsuyu. She was so special and relatable.

Now, ShB...where do I even start. I have to say, with all the hype I had my expectations a bit -too- high, and yet, I was more than satisfied. All the wows and oooohhhhs and oh shit's, the story and the gameplay immersed me and pulled my heart's strings. It had the most lovable minor characters, the most epic twists and turns. And of course the best villain this game had introduce to us so far. Oh Emet, I loved to hate you and I felt such deep regret knowing you had to die. I felt his pain, his longing, and I wish it could have ended differently, but it was impossible. I can only hope the tempering of Zodiark was undone in his final moments and he felt free.

I am very excited for what the future has in store. And after all this I can finally start to play the game! I am planning to level other jobs, do raiding, all that stuff. There is -so- much to do. And so much time to do it. And such a great community to do it with.

Seriously, play the game if you're in doubt. You won't regret it.

submitted by /u/Plushine
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Back