I have a rant for ya, Dynamis related but overall rant.

Rektify

More things change the more they stay the same.
Ultima Legacy
Ok, so we all know we have our ups and downs. It happens, get over it. Find a merit party, get your buffer back, no one cares.

After talking to some people, and basically being sent /tell's as it was obvious I was aggravated I noticed a couple of trends that could help our Up's stay there and lessen the amount of downs.

1. It pisses me off when I see the same people getting R3's in the event of a wipe. Now I understand completely the idea of raising by priority. That is ... tank, other people that can raise etc. What I am talking about is raise IIIing your favorites over and over. Look kids, I have a buffer, I really do. I don't care if your buffer is 44k or 15k, eight Raise I's does not do much for morale.

Believe it or not, it is harder for a BLM to get a competent party than it is for a RDM. This is shocking, amirite? So, R3 the same RDM each wipe. Aside from being a generally bad idea, it has a few fringe "benefits" and that is the heart of the problem. People that get consistently R1'd stay on the ground in the hopes of getting a higher raise.

Don't tell me you don't do it. I got tell after tell and heard whine after whine about it. I'm a WHM most of the time, I know this and see it all the time. I spread my higher tier raises around so people don't have much to bitch about when they die, which in turns get people off the ground faster because they aren't biting R1's every 10 minutes and getting jaded when they see the same people getting R3's.

2. Stop complaining, suggest a solution. Do it in /tell, do it in /linkshell if your feeling frisky but complaining in secret does no one good. If you think something could be done in a more efficient way suggest it. If you think we need more of a certain job point it out, it's called human error and no one is exempt from it.

Don't be a dick about it though - /tell over anything else. We are lucky to have every shell and every shell Ultima participates in running under veryreasonable and intelligent leaders who like input. They make good decisions, but when your looking at every detail you'll miss something eventually.

3. I was going to say "stop pointing out when your ZZZ" but ... yeah, nevermind. I guess we still need some things ey?

4. Haste your melee's. It can significantly impact their effectiveness. You know what's better than a group of 30 melee? A group of 20 melee who are hasted. It can also make a massive difference when we're short on melee. Sometimes it's hardly worth it when the mobs die within seconds. Didn't have that problem today though. People wondering why we were killing slow? Might have something to do with {Slow} Status. Yes, we didn't have enough jobs to cover it, (especially those poor lonely 4 WHM's ;; poor guys) still ... I thought this would go without mention but 5 wipes later...

5. Fail is never one person's fault. Yes, mistakes happen - to all of us even. And I know some of you like pointing those mistakes out. Hey, it makes us better and more careful in the future right? What is NOT cool is the vicious name calling of another member. That needs to stop, make fun or point out flaws in anything else I say here, but let that sink in.

6.Grammar nazism. YOUR better than me, I accept this. I understand there advice is meant to gooder myself, but I sometimes things just slip by. This could be taken as ignorance, or the result of posting late at nite. Whatever the cause, I think we should find it within theirselfes to forgive me. If you could that would be ossum. Kthxbai. In other words, I had a dumb moment. Please continue to point out my many shortcomings.

That's all I can think of for now. Commence telling me about things I missed or overlooked or people I singled out. Because ... no.. I'm not. It was a well planned run that hit a few kinks that murdered us ... many times.

TL;DR Version: Go read a comic book.

Last edited:
GOD DAMN, WHAT DID I MISS. WHO BROKE DYNAMIS?

But yeah, haste is extremely important in xar, more so than any other zone. Melee's can't erase themselves. I tend to carry a stack of eye drops for xar, just cuz im awesome like that, lol...Or maybe it's because I know my mages won't blindna me? And if I ask too much the mages get annoyed? Yeah, maybe that's the reason, instead.

Hell of rant though rek, lol. Welcome to the shell.

That's some rant.

Guess i missed the vicious name calling. I know Dynamis put me to sleep after wards.

Not in linkshell chat, this is true. I get when you guys are joking and when your not. I think I do anyway. I'm just encouraging people to either discuss to whoever person they have problems with or to shut up. And you know what? I'm guilty of this too. But on the other hand, I don't call people heartless douchebags over random things in Dynamis.

I always try to cycle the raises. Even the wife gets stuck with the Raise 1 from time to time. I rarely even throw out an R3 for full wipes. It takes too long and costs too much mp.

I'll fall back on what I said before and what used to be the standard response in DX: If you aren't happy with a raise 1 then suck it up and buy a reraise gorget or earring. Yes it sucks that people may raise person A before person B but that shit happens.

No ... I don't even want to look at my original post now. I'm going to see that and it's going to irritate me to no end. Good going.

Though, words written in the form of a sentence generally end with some form of punctuation.

Edit: Fixed it so it is in readable form. I don't know how you guys can stand my horrid writing.

Edit edit: By "fixed" I mean "added another section just for you guys"
Enjoy :)

Edit edit edit: I'm just playing with you guys. I'll be more careful next time! :D

Last edited:
2. Stop complaining, suggest a solution. Do it in /tell, do it in /linkshell if your feeling frisky but complaining in secret does no one good. If you think something could be done in a more efficient way suggest it. If you think we need more of a certain job point it out, it's called human error and no one is exempt from it.

Don't be a dick about it though - /tell over anything else. We are lucky to have every shell and every shell Ultima participates in running under veryreasonable and intelligent leaders who like input. They make good decisions, but when your looking at every detail you'll miss something eventually.

^

Someone can send any of the sacs a tell anytime.

^

Someone can send any of the sacs a tell anytime.

Do this and leave me alone. Funny how you could shorten my entire paragraph into a single sentence. I always got docked for that in school ...

it wasn't shortening your paragraph. You basically said everything in there that needed to be said. Just added what my one sentance said. :icecream:

I'm one of those people that yell at poor Moogle in /tells when I get frustrated in dynamis!! ^^/

I'VE GOT TWO LETTERS FOR YOU REK.

Q Q

Listen here jerkwad. I have one thing to say to you and one thing only:

I <3 your ability to point out the obvious. Next time why don't you let your instruments do the talkin' and keep it that way?

lol ... well I believe this rant has served it's purpose. I'm not ranting but laughing now, feel free to lock it please.

I'll let my fists do the talking! ASURAN FISTS! Get em fiko.

I remember the awkward silence that came right after ole Fiko did that ... I forget what you said right after it but it was hilarious.

Back