I Hate To, But I Think I Put Down Healing For Now. Please Make It Engaging Again, Se.

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
I didn't intend to at first, but I guess it just ended up happening. I've been reluctant to do any sort of content on healer of late, especially roulettes where you get put into a raid/trial/dungeon to spam one button over and over again.

Getting geared up must have only made it worse. My healers reached iLvl 470 (near) BiS after 12+ weeks of Eden savage (most of the pieces bought with books, thanks to the great new loot system in pugs), but what did I get? The luxury to heal less and broil more?

Great.

I think healers have really gone downhill in Shadowbringers, and it hurts to say as someone who's naturally drawn to the role. It's bland, very monotonous, and feels like a chore to do.

If there was anything I could tell Square Enix directly, it would be to hire some bleedin' healer designers for god's sake. I don't know if it's true, but last I heard their design team is made up by the same 4 people since the release of A Realm Reborn. That's unacceptable for a game that's expanded this much over the years (not to mention all the expansion jobs).

The story of Shadowbringers has been amazing, and it's definitely next to Heavensward in my book, but the current state of the healers is really unfortunate and doesn't bring justice to what the rest of the game has to offer its players.

Continue reading...

Back