Humpty Dumpty Effigy

I freaking hate that word.

girth

uugghhh... so gross. that actually looks pretty nice though. bitchin white mage phewd

In addition to the level 50 clothcraft sub.. this synth is a pain because of the Apkallu egg that is required. The difficulty is even finding an egg. I tried farming these for a couple of days and was lucky to get 1. I save them and used for a Hydra kofte synth for the LS. Haha! The eggs are too difficult to get to waste on making gil!! They only go to friends :)

I do not have the level 50 cloth to do this synth btw. Sorry. I seriously started to level cloth just for this synth until I found I could not get the eggs.

I could try farming you the lil eggies

Won't you build Apkallu hate pretty fast?

Well, Apkallus start taking minimal physical damage when hate is built, too, as well as gaining new TP moves (knockback/stun/paralyga, etc). That's what I meant. ^^;

http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37852&highlight=apkallu+hate

Reports of hate being built per swing, vs per fight, and melee damage eventually dropping all the way down to 0. There's no reports of magic damage being lowered AFAIK, so a BLM could probably solo if they don't built resistance to sleep and/or gravity. If they do, maybe a NIN spamming ele wheel? But that'd take forever. XD

Apparently takes a long while. What "a long while" means, I don't know, but I'd assume it's long enough that being able to farm then effeciently is unattractive. In the thread I linked, someone reports getting problems with their party on their 7th-ish mob. If hate really increases per swing and not per mob, a person farming alone should get in trouble well before the 7th mob. And people are still looking for a way to reset said hate, which I take to mean it won't just go away by itself within an hour or so, 'cause if it did, resetting it wouldn't be a high necessity.

It's both melee and magic, but it seems to build by type (for example, rdm+thf made them immune to magic (enspell) and melee after 15 or so mobs, but ranged worked after that just fine). It might be something weird like majority damage per kill (pup/whm and nin, they became immune to melee faster than ranged, which led to dead puppet >.>). Who knows.

But it does decay pretty fast, I farmed them for a week at one point, 2-3 eggs a day (after that damage tended to be 0), and the next day it was again tolerable. Not totally reset (enspell did 13-14 from start instead of 17 like it should've), but manageable.

As for their tp moves, those are just plain weird. At times they'd do Frigid Shuffle (the third ws, Yawn > Beak Lunge > Shuffle) from first mob on when damage was still fine, at other times they never did it, even when I was reduced to dotting them to death with bio and poison.

I meleed them with my pet. Sometimes I'd kill it, sometimes my pet would. I fought some of them as /mage and cast at least Dia on each one. (Slightly off-topic: I learned that Yawn is an AOE Gaze attack from my melee adventures with Apkullu.)

Back