How Would You Feel About Each Race Getting A New Clan, Possibly Revamped Looks?

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Having been just playing through Stormblood (still not quite finished), I was struck that Gosetsu is such an unusual character. I was so certain he was meant to be human (Hyur), but I wound up googling him and it says he's a Roegadyn?! Despite looking nothing like the existing clans, other than body-type.

However, it got me thinking; I actually really dig the idea of adding some additional Clans.

For example; yeah, for Roegadyn(s?), something based around Doma or Othard. Since the original Roe's were supported based on Frost Giants in Norse mythology, and Hellsguard were... I don't know... anyways, what if this Doman Clan were loosely based on Japanese Ogres or Tengu? I could see that being pretty dope!

For Elezen, I think we can all agree, Ishgardian Elezen are a perfect fit. However, this also prompted another line of thought; even though they're all technically the same race, what if each Clan also had different animations? So the Ishgardian Elezen might have a slightly more rigid, militaristic posture, while the Duskwight are maybe more casual, or even a bit hunch or more imposing?

For the Hyur... quite honestly, I'm sort of drawing a blank. I would love to see the Highlanders get updated, namely in their animations (too many Hyur animations look effeminate, namely their walk and run animations). But I could also totally see maybe retconning things a bit to add a "Doman" Clan, which stands a bit taller and more lean than the Midlander, with sharper features? Alternatively, maybe it could be an opportunity to introduce a new Clan entirely, maybe hailing from the south, much darker skintones, but with different cosmetic choices, like tattoos and the like?

For the Au Ra, I'm honestly at kind of a loss. I LOVE the Xaela's lore, but I've honestly been rather surprised how insignificant the Raen seem in the game's lore. But their lore is also extremely fleshed-out, so it would be difficult to add another Clan and feel organic. Maybe "Azim and Nhaama had a son, but for his cruelty was exiled from the Steppe", as a way of introducing another Clan? Only think I can figure would be for a new clan to have green-ish scales, and maybe make them a bit more "reptillian"? Maybe hailing from deep forests or swamps? Open to other interpretations!

For the Hrothgar, this is one I've wanted since before they were even announced; a Canine variation! I'd be half-tempted to just make these guys an updated version of the Lupin introduced in Stormblood, provided they were maybe able to make them thinner and stand upright? It seems to me that the existing Hrothgar are basically just a modified version of the Roegadyn body, so perhaps the Lupin could be a modified version of the Highlander body?

Alternatively, just make them a brand-new thing entirely, and give them Wolf-like faces. Culturally, I would go 100% Norse mythology with them, maybe even given them ties to a Viking job (dual-wielding Axes), should it ever be up for consideration.

Also, for "The Lost" clan, I would also maybe update their animations to have them walk a little more upright. They're clearly based on Kimahri, so why not just embrace that?

For the Viera... no clue, honestly. Jackalopes?!?

And finally, the Lalafell. Truth be told, I already find it basically impossible to tell the two Clans apart anyway. I know Shadowbringers supposedly introduced "Dwarves" or something as a variation of them, right? If so, I'm assuming they have beards? That might not be bad.

One alternative I actually wouldn't mind, would maybe be something akin to the Moogles in FF12? You can do the same thing as the Hrothgar, where maybe only certain helmets work for them, but I could see that being pretty popular.

What about you guys? What do you think about the idea of adding new Clans, and what would you choose for each race? And any additional cosmetic features you would introduce at the same time?

submitted by /u/Jcorb
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Back