How vital is this forum to you?

Aangeliceus

Kitteh's Meow
FC/Leadership
So, it appears that this forum is more vital that I had originally thought.

I wasn't aware that people were still using this forum as a lifeline to keep in contact with present and past members including those are just passing visitors who were not a member.

Given this new revelation, I will take this into consideration when talking to Mani about the immediate future.

I certainly do NOT want to cut anyone off who uses this forum on a regular basis for keeping in touch.

Please look for the coming announcement in the next few days. I'm currently speeding back to Tokyo on a Shinkansen train. <3 Japan's wireless internet infrastructure. :icecream:

Thanks!
~AA

So, it appears that this forum is more vital that I had originally thought.

~AA

Yeah, it sure is vital! Think about it, half the people that post either retired or got banned or RL'd hard or whatever. I personally have gotten on randomly to chat up old friends and this forum has been an invaluable resource. There are a lot of gems on here and a bunch of great people to share 'em with.

(eventually I hope to catch up with the lot of you now that I've got my life settled!) As always, have some ice cream: :icecream::icecream:

These are helpful for keeping records of LS events, polls and such. Also outside LS events like Dynamis and Einherjar.

Possible to cut back things that get used less, cut storage or speeds?

I guess my point is: I didn't realize that people were actually 'using' the board as real communication tool. Sure, the posts are good but now that I've checked.... people who never post use the PM system a LOT.

Storage costs/operating costs are not that expensive. It's more of a time management thing. I'll talk to Mani and work out the details for the future.

Please rest assured, I won't just cut off anyone's legs from under them. We'll get something worked out...

Regards,
AA

EDIT: I've prided myself in keeping this board advertisement and relatively spam free. I want that environment to continue for those who are keeping the root of the Ultima 'spirit' alive.

As of 6:21 AM EST, I've posted my suggestions to Manikalas as to the future of this website.

After things are discussed, we'll make the announcement of what is to happen.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

AA

EDIT: If only I got paid for every click here....
DramaScale.jpg

Last edited:
<3 Aang. You should know this is my homepage on all my browsers! I'm a troll. I don't post much, but I like to read & see what people are up to^^

Not to mention I love putting stuff on the calendar, like maintenance & in game events because I'm too lazy to do the time change from PST to EST by hand!

Not to mention I love putting stuff on the calendar, like maintenance & in game events because I'm too lazy to do the time change from PST to EST by hand!

Oh. So that explains it.

You were not being helpful intentionally, I see. :icecream:

I kid.

This is my lifeline to PM music links to Varda. ^^V Without the PM, I'd have to wrestle a real email address out of Varda... and I think that's hard!

Apart from that I sometimes read the threads that pertain to the game like the version updates since my LS doesn't normally post that stuff.

Honestly, though I may be wrong, wouldn't another forum that's customized to similarly do roughly the same type of event management that's currently being done here? Add in google doc/app/calender stuff and it should be good enough? I know my LS leader has migrated some stuff to google docs for book keeping.

I have music links to share, if anyone wants! I usually just AIM them to Soj.

Also had my first release come out about two weeks ago, if you search Harry Ransom on beatport.com you'll see it.

This is my lifeline to PM music links to Varda. ^^V Without the PM, I'd have to wrestle a real email address out of Varda... and I think that's hard!

^_^;;;;

I do have an email address I give out (and Razor has it! :p), but I don't check it as regularly as I should (though doing better now). I'm here virtually every day though, so sending via the PMs here is faster and more reliable.

As for the other stuff, I agree that the forums are very useful and helpful. Certainly the shell needs some similar way to coordinate if this forum isn't continuing. I guess we'll wait to hear what gets worked out with Mani, but I'm glad to hear so many other people find it useful too.

I guess my point is: I didn't realize that people were actually 'using' the board as real communication tool. Sure, the posts are good but now that I've checked.... people who never post use the PM system a LOT.

Storage costs/operating costs are not that expensive. It's more of a time management thing. I'll talk to Mani and work out the details for the future.

Please rest assured, I won't just cut off anyone's legs from under them. We'll get something worked out...

Regards,
AA

EDIT: I've prided myself in keeping this board advertisement and relatively spam free. I want that environment to continue for those who are keeping the root of the Ultima 'spirit' alive.

I wouldnt mind if you threw in adds. I know you don't want to, but we all have ABP and Noscript anyway....we wouldnt see them.

Back