How To Animate Your Viera's Hair! Feat. A Bug

RSS News

Syndicated News Service

Hello! I don't post often so pardon the newbie mistakes that I am prone to make with this. If this happens to garner a lot of attention, I hope square doesn't "fix" this bug without also providing animation to the hair. As always, I want to thank them for their hard work, time, and consideration to player feedback.

Anyway, one issue that I believe we have with Viera is the stiff-wig hair that they have. By the grace of Hydaelyn, I have found a bug to resolve this issue. Steps are below along with a posted gif of the animated hair.

1. Glam/put on a helmet that does not work with the race. Something that encapsulates the whole head. I used the Cotton Coif of Gathering in this example.
  2. Ensure that the helmet is set to "display" (if "hidden" the hair stiffens back up and you can literally see this happen..pretty funny)
  3. TEST: The hair actually moves as a ninja with weapons drawn or as a dancer as you bounce in place. Happy to "hear" what you all have to experience!

Enjoy the breeze! \O/

Edit: pardon the fact that I am an excited idiot and posted a gif of night time lighting *facepalm*

https://i.redd.it/0pnu73ghdx951.gif

submitted by /u/Spektram
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Back