Hodir Fun

You know JGP, I just have a really hard time imaging you in WoW.

:p

But, from what I know about WoW... Congratulations on the fight(s)!

jgp, you guys should try out worldoflogs.com. The meters available there are a whole lot more accurate and incredibly detailed. It's what we use at the moment.

Congrats on the Hodir hard mode kill. That's a tough fight. Thorim is surprisingly difficult, as well. Have you guys done IC Hard yet, too? That one took us a while to get down. We've been working on Mimiron for now. We only have him, vezax, and yogg hard modes to do for our Iron Bound proto-drakes. Everyone is pretty excited about it.

we were gonna use world of logs but got lazy the post is about the mage rofl 24k dps did 4 mill in 2.5 which is pretty damn high

AA - Me in wow and Tanking picture that and me not dying all the tie =D actually running around with 50k hp so yeah

How did you hold aggro from him? I'd like to know cause we use a DK to main tank and because of threat I usually have to blow through mirror image and invisible early and I'm only doing around 13k dps at the time. That seems to be the threat ceiling for me or I'll just end up tanking and get one-shotted. Did he receive rounds of hald of salvation with vigilance?

It's actually quite easy, as long as your hit capped you can keep it off your ranged dps. what your tank wants to do is tank it against the wall to reduce movement around while dodging the ice cubes. have you ranged as far as possible from the boss. When the caster is about to pull threat have your tank ready to taunt. I've noticed that when my threat is low, it's bc i have to hit the spacebar constantly so what i do is i let the stacks build to about 4-5 and then start jumping again. another key is we have pallies salv anyone going up on threat 3 rogues that constantly Tricks on to me and hunters that md but really it's the taunt that saves them lol

as you can see in the report my mages like to push pass the threat wall and push me to pull more threat so that's exactly what i do. I adjust to my raid's DPS accordingly when i see my rogues pulling above 9-10k dps i gotta step it up lol. Anyway DKS = BAD tank really suggest warrior / druid for that fight if you want threat.

Yeah, sadly on our server the warriors and druids we've all given chances to have been huge flakes. Our DK has been the only reliable tank we've had. I think we've gone through 3 warrior tanks and 5 bear tanks in about 4 months. All of them got gear from us then left.

we've been running into that issue till recently we 2 tank everything now since we kinda have to have 2 tanks. Its me and a DK hard to find druid / warrior tanks now more pally and DKs = easy mode tanking..

Dude, just downed Mimiron hard mode about an hour ago. 2 left for Ironbound Proto-drakes!

Back