Hi Se, Can We Get Rid Of The Current Card System In Next Expansion, Pls?

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
I started to play since ARR, and was a sch main in 2.0-3.0, an AST main in 4.0, and afk for two months since 5.0.

But I have recently returned to FFXIV upon the release of patch 5.1, mainly for the reason of MSQ, plus the FFlogs finally showing ASTs in pair with the other two healers in terms of rdps.

But the more I play AST, the more I feel uncomfortable with the new card system. I feel I am over-occupied with handing out each card individually. And every time when the cooldown for Sleeve Draw is ready, it creates a hot mess by adding a ton of work in dancing between the mechanics, healing and dpsing. On top of that, the buffs only last 15 secs which is only half of previous makes it feel extremely unsatisfying considering the more work we throw into it than before.

I don't know if the design of the card system was actually tested on consoles because it feels particularly clunky for those players who are not using mouse and keyboard. We have to click multiple times to move along the party list to choose the melee/ranged target and hand out the card by another click. It is not a fun job and doesn't feel a game at all. :mad:

The whole MSQ of Shawdowbringer is literally amazing and you guys did a fantastic job. The two new jobs are fun to play as well which I have leveled both to 80. But AST still remains my favorite job among all, now I am just not feeling comfortable playing it, particularly learning a new fight with it.

I understand it is unrealistic for a dramatic change to happen since the patch is already launched officially, but you must have known how AST badly falls behind in player base compared to other two healers and I cannot tell you how much I am sick of this vicious new card system, so please get rid of it in the next expansion. :(

Continue reading...

Back