HATEHATEHATE

Jotaru

shinobi-no-mono
FC/Active Member
So-

I go to work today (Yea, Gamestop) and decide, hey, its payday, I'll pick up a PS3. Maybe I'm a bad person, but, we have a policy that all used merchandise can be returned in 7 days (so long as you hold the receipt) so I figured I'd buy the PS3, checkout MGS4 (free rental YEAYUH), play for a bit, return it, get my money back, and be up a good gaming experience. So, I do that, but oh wait, need a DualShock 3.. that runs me another 50 bones. Refundable, sure, but is annoying.

So I'm driving home, and figure, well hell, how am I gonna hook this up? I play PC stuff on my 24" Samsung, but of course I didn't go with a monitor with an HDMI hookup cuz it was more expensive.. go me. Not a big deal, since PS3 comes with standard component cables instead of HDMI, will just hook it up to TV...

Oh wait. TV is oldschool that my roommate bought cuz the other TV is bork'd, and he disassembled > trashed it. Suhweet. Well, not wanting to play MGS4 on a 16" TV with an RF Adapter, I decide I have to find an adapter to plug something into my monitor.

Three stores (and an hour of driving later) all I find is an HDMI to DVI converter.. which means I have to shell out $35 for the converter, and $40 for the cable. Not a huge thing, I figure, as these, too, are returnable, and I fully intend to (hey, whatev, I deal with this all day at work!) so I pick them up. No cash in wallet. Damn. So I had to go down the street to an ATM, get some cash, and go back. Not a big deal, except when I go to withdraw my cash... I see that, while I'm trying to withdraw $100, I only have $110 in my account. W T F, I just got paid today... Anyhow.. I figure I just haven't had my check processed yet so I withdraw and go back, pay, and take my goodies home to play my (temporary) PS3.

Take it home, get it unpacked, get it all setup, install MGS4, try to setup online, fail horribly, decide just to play single player. Sit through an hour of intro, get into the game, start playing, having fun, yeah! ....

Disc ejects. I put it back in. It ejects again. I put it back in, again, and it ejects, again. No weird noises, goes in / comes out smoothly, just, it wont STAY IN THERE. Sighhh. I try CD's, DVD's, a blu ray I have... they all do the same thing. Mess around turning it on/off, this/that/theother for thirty minutes, give up.

Go on FFXI and vent about all of this.

Remember about my account, and check... and notice that I have been paid, and that's all I have. Somehow my wages are being garnished (over 20% of my paycheck), I didn't get paid for all my hours, and I have now $400 of broken stuff staring at me that I can't return until at least Monday, as I work two 12 hour shifts this weekend.

Quick, someone slash my tires, I wanna make this post longer.

WHAT

THE

FUCK

:arg::arg::arg::arg::arg::arg::arg::arg::arg::arg::arg::arg::arg::arg::arg::arg::arg::arg::arg::arg::arg::arg::arg::arg::arg::arg::arg::arg::arg::arg::arg::arg::arg::arg::arg::arg::arg::arg::arg::arg::arg::arg::arg::arg::arg:joff

Edit: As I was typing this I got a PT invite. Went out to party, and they disbanded before inviting me. Haha.

That's what I'm wondering. I kinda sorta believe in the whole karma thing, but I like to think I'ma nice guy IRL (if you can believe it :X ) and I go out of my way to help people I meet / at work... I'm the weird dude who pulls over to help a guy broke down on the side of the road, so who knows.

I also ran out of gas last saturday night!

you got bad karma man lol.

you need to find karma and give him a hand job.

-ara

Am I missing something, or just clever humor?

Doh :(

Wish me luck today guys T_T

Who's owned now BITCH?

that's terrible, modo x.x i hope that's not you in the picture!

Back