Hate all that is Comcast

Talfus

~Lux Aeterna~
Right now my internet at my house is screwed.

Service is intermittent atm. The people at comcast said that there isnt any reported outages in my area except mine.

I have a tech coming out tommorrow morning to see if he can find a problem.

Question is, what do I do if the internet is up and working fine when he gets there. Is there anyway for the tech to find a problem if everything is working fine?

The problem is I'm losing packets and the return time (for packets that did come back) they said was around 100+ (mli/nanoseconds?)
Seems to be pretty random when I have this problem, not just limited to high traffic times (problems then too), but will/can go out late night. (Ask LF bout last night) :arg:

I'm just worried that he'll come over tommorrow morning, see everything is working fine and say all is fixed when nothing has been done.

Talf should be made mod of the Rant section~ He's on so much :-p

Kidding. I don't know if something can be done but that sux dude.

They can probably run a line noise test...i think....Cablevision i know will test line noise. I despise comcast as well. Honestly, all other cable companies are pure shit compared to Cablevision. If for no other reason than Cablevision is the ONLY cable ISP that offers a 30Mb/2Mb tier to HOME customers. /sigh

Well, the guy came this morning hooked up some sort of tester and found that it was a problem with one of the lines coming into my house. Didn't have time this morning to let him replace it.

the lines that are in the house were there when I moved it, the ppl who put it in used metal staples to attach it to the baseboard, upon inspection I found a few staples had gone through the line.

I guess that explain why I've been having problem now and then.. /shrug

Back