Greed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fodder

Ultima Legacy
I am absolutely disgusted that people will flame their LS mates who are supposed to be their friends and comrades in their greedy scramble for damnable imaginary items in a game. Without these LS mates obtaining most items of this would most likely not be an option for many players. My feelings are that people like this care a whit less about their LS mates.

We had a great day for drops today, but it was tarnished by things that were said and done. For the most part things of this nature had not occurred in Ultima and I was very proud that our LS didn't have this problem like many other LSs. Unforunately I can't say that anymore. It was low and wrong and the worst part is, I know that the person who said it could care less so I am wasting my breath.

:arg::arg::arg::arg:

Eh? I logged kinda early...what did I miss? :confused::confused::confused:

While you speak of greed, wow, Garret really took me for a whirl for not lotting on those w.legs, really pegged you wrong, especially since you were saying 'drop my legs' for a few kirin runs before. Really big of you to pass (no pun intended, lol).

Everyone has a little bit of greed, but most everyone knows that if they stick around a bit longer they will wind up with that prized item they have been waiting for, I mean really, whats the rush? Are you going somewhere? Who are you blinging to?

That being said, there are a few times where 'a' should get 'x' before 'b', but everyone always winds up with the item they wanted. Hell, sometimes people wind up with 'prized items' they didnt want just because everyone already had it.

:boese047::issues:

Here's to more great drops next week. :goodboys:

Coice said:
Everyone has a little bit of greed, but most everyone knows that if they stick around a bit longer they will wind up with that prized item they have been waiting for, I mean really, whats the rush? Are you going somewhere?

amen.

I took off my LS pearl for most of the night because of this although that's probably a bonus to many of you, just saying some of you got bad enough to perturb the usual perturbator (yes this is a real word strangely enough).

For what it's worth I was very close to removing my pearl last night as well, and I've only done that maybe one time before... bad show^^;. We all want items but please think of your LS mates too;;. In a bit of interesting counterpoint we were in 100% top fighting form near the end of last night and absolutely destroyed all 3 Kirins. Wow. I think our average from pop to drop was under 40 minutes...

-benny

I agree with Benner here... I was quiet most of the evening because I was AFK most of the day to to RL problems and obligations. When I came on you guys were already through the first Kirin, and thus I caught most of the argument about the cloths...

I will say, it is NOT fair that Jasmin be totally forgotten just because Shalk comes on and wants a V. Cloak as well. Jasmin helps on God pop items, helps with Gods, helps with Kirin, he deserves it every bit as much as Shalk. Furthermore, Shalk did NOT help with God pop items this week, as I heard, so you have that point as well.

HOWEVER... I do NOT believe that this is the case. I don't think that the LS is forgetting you Jasmin; you have helped a lot the past few months; Shalk helped a ton before then, and again since he's been back from his break. Shalk may not have helped on god pop items THIS WEEK, but I am a big proponent of the fact that, even if you miss god pops one week, drop items should still be considered via OVERALL PARTICIPATION... Its not fair that someone busts their ass for an item and then doesn't get it because of one absence.

The first paragraph is biased toward Jasmin. The second is biased toward Shalk... This can go either way really, depending on how you argue it. I believe that /randoming it is the way it should be dealt with. Both are EQUALLY eligible... and if they wish to complain about not getting it outright, perhaps they should talk to the white mages all standing in the corner grinning at the Shining Cloths.

Jotaru -> Except for the very first week I came back. I have helped with pops every week. You might not have noticed because you are rarely at god pop hunts.

About what happened or whatever, this is not a big issue. A single item in a game, meh, whatever. I will say though that I was offended by the things Jasmin said to me. He seems to think I just waltzed onto the scene and started asking for things that were already his. Jasmin doesn't seem to remember that I was around Ultima a good month or so before he joined, during which time I helped a lot, as I have also continued to do since I've been back. I don't have to prove that to anyone, I know that I've contributed.

I don't want the damn cloak. I just want to have fun and kill gods and HNMs. And I want to be able to do that without being slandered against.

What the hell is going on?

Wow... what the hell is going on? I have to say, I understand both situations here. And being that I'm outside of the drama, I can kinda reflect without bias here. More or less, everyone has a point. Now, I really want you all to look at this like mature adults. First, Jasmine's post was not as much flaming Shalk, or anyone in particular, but more or less him/her being mad at the situation. He/She (i'm not sure, not in the loop). Jasmine, Shalk helped alot during his time on Ultima. Shalk, Jasmine put alot of time into the spawn items for that run. I think more or less this is kinda an awkward situation. I think that this should be left up to Aluciont, and the sacks, and a compromise should be reached through them. I understand the ranting, and I have another point: This is exactly why I left the game. Above all I want to say this is only a game. This isn't life, and you will not be affected in any way shape or form from what comes from or out of this game. These people in the ls are your "online family" and you guys need to knock off this fighting. Its not good for the ls and its what can destroy a good one. Fodder, when you talk about flaming and go and flame back, its not exactly right. It's only cause I expect alot from you, that you accusing Jasmine of being greedy kinda irks me. When you put a ton of time towards something, thinking that you may be rewarded, and its given to someone who's been gone for awhile, it irks you. It pissed me off when I had put alot of time into camping Simurgh with Yojimbos, and given up on the strider boots, for the other rangers in the ls, passed time and time again on items to earn my place, and then be told by officers that I get the next drop and then have the members (The taru is in this ls, and he damn well knows who he is) tell me that they didn't want to give them to me, that they needed the gil and such. I put the time in, I'd passed on the boots and they had been given to Soren, yet I wasn't worthy to get them. So believe me, I know where Jasmine's coming from. You can't accuse him/her of being greedy. I'd do the same thing, and I did the same thing. Shalk, I understand you helped alot when you were in the ls before hand, and you should still get credit for it. Again, because I'm only reading about this situation, I may not know everything leading up to it and exactly what happened, but I can tell you for a fact this is childish, and NOT something I'd expect from Ultima or its members. You guys need to seriously either work this out quick or knock it the hell off. I couldn't believe this when I read it, and I'm dissappointed in all of you for acting this way.

Shalk...

If you read the whole post you would see that I was SUPPORTING you. Everyone misses god pops. For YOUR information, I've attended every week except for when we did CoP missions, and days where I have work shifts. My whole point was you had a VALID argument... However, if you are still pissed because I pointed out that you had in fact missed a week... I don't know what to tell you. To say that I attend "rarely" is somewhat crude. You may notice I don't attend God fights lately either, due to work and RL problems. I don't complain. I don't see you pointing fingers at our EU players who can't show up...

Hey, i got no interpersonal hostility, just trying to get the idea across that I agree with Shalk while assuring that I see Jasmin's frustration ^_^ This is definitely something that needs to be addressed and solved however.

I have nothing against anyone in ths LS, me and Shalk where getting along just fine untill God run when the /tell was sent to me. I am not saying that shalk dosen't help the LS or blame him 4 what happend. Te thing that pissed me of was that the rules where suddenly changed in the middel of the game. If we were 2 /random then why was I denied to do that when the first 3 dropped for pit. Why was my situation any difrent from Pits.

This would not have happend if i was told that it was commming, but telling me 5 min before the item drops, ticked me off.

Again I am sorry if any of you guys were offended by this. From where I stand my reaction was normal.

I would assume Pit was given cloths first because he is Senior in comparison to the two of you. That is part of our policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back