Graphics

mhmmimafreakk

Da FrEaK oF NaTuRe
I been on ps2 forever and kinda computer illiterate there any actuall useful people out there who know how to make the graphics on ffxi for pc better people on in my ls atm are about as useful as tits on a galka

No my pc dont suck it just needs to be adjusted and i dont know how.

Thx to anyone who helps out u rock

If I recall correctly, one of the best ways was an edit to a game directory. It does add some stress to the computer though. I'll see if i can find the link to it. I'm sure someone else will also have ideas to help out

click start > run > type "regedit"
go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > PlayOnlineUS > SquareEnix > FinalFantasy XI
In that thread, modify entries 0003 and 0004 to the texture resolution you wish to use. Hit the Decimal radio button and enter in a value between 1 and 2048 (depending on the strength of your video card). That will make everything look nice and crisp. Make sure you are logged out of ffxi when you do this, or the settings will be overwritten.

If you want to tweak further, entries 0001 and 0002 is your screen resolution. You can set it to a non-standard resolution like 1280x720 if you play on an HDTV and so on. Then you just switch the aspect ratio in the config > misc menu of ffxi. If you're using windower, you'll need to open windower.ini in your windower folder, and edit "X Resolution=" and "Y Resolution=" settings in order to change the screen resolution, this should be done in addition to the registry tweak, to keep continuity across the board. If you stop using windower, be sure to enter the registry again and restore your settings to your monitor's preferred native resolution
**(often 1280x1024 for LCD monitors, 1600x1200 for CRT monitors, and anywhere from 1280x768(or 800), 1680x1050, or 1920x1080 for widescreen monitors.)**

http://www.ultimals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5103&highlight=registry&page=2

Furax posted something that may help a little. Not sure if this is what Tarnak was looking for.

BG resolution, and especially Mip mapping will make the greatest difference in terms of video quality for FFXI. Set Mip mapping to 5 in the registry, which is entry 0000, and you'll notice a huge difference, objects will look a lot smoother. See my LJ for how my game looks.

Oh right. I got a little carried away with the link. That's why I posted what was said in for quick reference. I'm not sure if i did what you did Cujo, but I'm definitely going to try it.

So no more typing from your PS2 controller Freak? Man I remember trying to understand what the hell you were saying back in the day when using the controller.

honestly im just suprised the title of this thread isnt "gprhx" you fucking imbred

If you get the latest windower version, the little Advanced button will give you an option of fidgeting with the resolution without having to go into the registry. Personally I have the "background" resolution set to 2048x2048, and the overlay res set to 1280x1024, same as my desktop. Works beautifully.

Silly question, but I'm on the EU version of FFXI and POL - do I go to PlayOnlineEU in the registry instead of US? ^^;

I sense that this is a "duh" question, but I am extremely computer illiterate and do not want to fuck up my registry... XD

i havent had to type with ps2 controler in a long time sadly for most cause i was rly quiet back then but nah im only on pc till i get my own place then its back to ps2 cause ps2 owns i rly give props to those who play on pc that shit is a pain in the ass i like my simple ass ps2 controls

simple controls for a simple mind

ohoibojdbsfcheoiufhbcnwloeibfc nloewifb ncwsaeolifh olweihf nheiofnhwoli ~ just for u SOUJ

Yeah I remember how quiet you were, I think we spent what like 7 hours straight in SSG hunting eyes back in the mid 60s on our rangers, without much conversation. Good days.

Yeah I remember how quiet you were, I think we spent what like 7 hours straight in SSG hunting eyes back in the mid 60s on our rangers, without much conversation. Good days.

You're posting in the wrong forums, because I don't see any updates from you mister. UPDATE.

Silly question, but I'm on the EU version of FFXI and POL - do I go to PlayOnlineEU in the registry instead of US? ^^;

I sense that this is a "duh" question, but I am extremely computer illiterate and do not want to fuck up my registry... XD

That would be correct... All of those same settings should be in your PlayOnlineEU registry entry. *IF* you do screw it up, then you can just use the FFXI Setting tool to fix it back. It is kind of idiot proof. (not saying you are, of course.)

-Aa

Back