Got The Domain Registrar Account Of A Phishing Tell Spammer Banned :)

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
So after receiving yet another tell from that group that sends you a tell with a link to what looks like the official forums, but is a spoofed site to steal account info, I decided to do more than just report that account to Square.

I did a whois lookup for their domain. Emailed the abuse email for the registrar to report the phishing. They directed me to fill out a more detailed phishing report with the company they hosted through. Included a screencap with the in-game message, a screencap of the spoof website (from withing a throwaway VM) and a link to the official site it was spoofing.

Just got a message from the registrar the domain was placed on ClientHold status. The page is down now and most likely their domain will not come back up...at least not under that name. I know it will be easy for them to just spend some more money and buy another garbage domain, but fuck em. These guys are the worst type of people to invade the game. I'll report these through registrars every time I get them until they give up or try something else.

Not trying to break any subreddit rules, but peeps really should know there's more we can do to combat these guys since SE aren't doing more.

submitted by /u/MacrossX
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Back