Gil Sinks

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
It's nice to see that SE is starting to add some substantial gil sinks other than housing to the game.

But I am disappointed that all we're getting (at least for now) are recolors of existing mounts. I know there are players who consider themselves collectors and will buy them just for the sake of owning them but personally I feel no desire to spend millions of gil to buy one of the mounts for myself when I'd choose to use the originals I already have over the recolors.

Now that SE is open to adding gil sinks to the game, what types of items would most interest you?

Mounts are a good start but I would at least like them to be variations on existing models if not completely unique. If they must be recolors, make them interesting recolors (solid gold doesn't cut it for me).

Glamour is always good, though I know the art team is already hard at working making new gear for content in general. Perhaps a new glamour contest for players to design glamours that will become gil sinks, or using some of the designs from past contests? Dyeable versions of gear sets that can't be currently be dyed would be another good choice.

Dyes. There are still colors we would like to have access to. Adding those to the Junkmongers and other vendors at the prices that we tend to see the more popular General Purpose dyes selling would be nice.

More fashion accessories. Right now there is the Vermillion Paper Parasol as a gil sink but it's the only one out of the dozen or so fashion accessories currently available. The rest have other sources. This might be another good area for a player contest to submit ideas for new fashion accessories that could be turned into gil sinks.

Might sound a bit out of place but the ability to gift wrap items we're giving to friends. How much fun it would be for them to have to unwrap an item to see what they're getting just as we need to have lockboxes opened to see what those contain instead of having the items placed directly into our inventory when completing content.

Continue reading...

Back