Getting Your Crafters To Lv 80 In 2020 - For My Fellow Lazy People Who Find Leveling...

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Hello,

I've seen folks here and on other discords ask about the fastest way to get your crafters to 80. I have played this game for 4 years but hated having to level all my crafters, so I left them at lv 15 until now. I am not a hardcore crafter or anything, but I recently got my crafters to lv 80 this month after starting to level them mid-April.

The objective of this post is, at least, to show you what the leveling process looked like for me and to share some resources that really helped me out.

While I did not use the most "efficient" way to level, but it was the easiest and least stressful way I found to get all of my crafting classes to 80 from lv 15.

• I could not have done this without The Balance discord and their crafting resource channels. If you want to level your gatherers as well, or just general job help, this is the place to go.
  • The most basic thing that gives you a lot of exp are your daily turn ins for your Grand Company. Do these to get a level or two for free almost every day, especially if you can turn in HQ items.
  • For the initial leveling - get your guys to lv 20 using leves in the main cities. Bookmark this guide by Rietty as it's quite helpful even after lv 20.
  • You now need to decide what's more important to you, your gil or your time. If you want to save your gil, level up your gatherers asap or level them along with your crafters.
    • In my case, I didn't care as much about my gil, so outside of making sure that I was buying the cheapest stuff needed, I was willing to give up gil to save time and make my life easier. If I had BTN leveled, I'd probably have gathered some of the non-Skybuilder mats.
  • Once your crafter of choice hits lv 20, spend some time setting up the macros from this Ishgard guide by I’nanghal Shikhu. It will serve you from lv 20 - lv 80 for every crafting job and the macros and information within are excellent.
    • You can either gather the materials you need or buy the materials from the market board. If you don't have your gatherers leveled, buying mats here is a tad expensive but it's the easiest way to get to lv 80.
  • Make the items specified in the guide and when you're close to leveling up to the next threshold, use the leve guide to get those last few exp points instead of buying mats.
    • The Skybuilder mats on my server were all sold in stacks of 50-99 so I found it easier to get to lv 58/59 for example and hit the next tier (lv 60) by using the leve guide.
  • Now the other important thing is your gear. So the first thing you need to realize is that ALL of your crafters share gear, except for their main and off hands. Thus, the stat thresholds mentioned in the guide are very important to keep track of.
    • You can usually meet the stat thresholds by just buying NQ vendored gear. Leveling equipment for crafters and where to buy it can be found using this website.
  • Your first crafter will basically be the most time consuming to level as you get the hang of things and find leveling equipment that helps you meet the stat tiers mentioned in the Ishgard guide.
    • Ensure that the majority of the stats you need are met by the general gear you wear. Buy some HQ pieces from the MB if you need to. That way you only spend money on main and off hand tools for all of the other crafting classes you will level.
  • DO NOT DO YOUR STORY QUESTS till you get to lv 70 (or at least lv 66). The reason for this is that you only need to do them to unlock >manipulation<. The macros in the guide work just fine up to lv 66. In my experience I'd just craft things in huge batches so I'd end up at lv 68-70 before I started doing my story quests.
  • Once you get to lv 66-70 the story quests become really easy to get through. You can find all of the items that you will need to craft for the story quest on the wiki page, like so.
  • The level 51+ quests require you to make things your self with the quest active, but below lv 50, you can just buy/ make all of the items beforehand. This will save you a lot of time as all you'll be doing is watching cutscenes and turning in stuff.
    • I'd recommend watching the GSM and ALC questlines as they have pretty good stories. The rest of the crafter storylines are skippable in my opinion, but to each their own.
  • SO TL;DR - Prep everything for the 1-50 story quests before hand. Once you get to lv 66-70, finish off the lv 1 - 70 story quests in one go. This will get you to lv 71/72. The lv 60-70 quests provide you with all of the mats so they're actually pretty relaxing.
  • After that, you just follow the Ishgard guide till you get to lv 78/79. The Last two levels can be gained very easily by doing crafter leve quests in the Crystarium.
    • All of the turn ins needed for those quests can be bought from teh Junkmonger in the Dwarf Village (Tomra) in Kholusia.
    • If you have followed these tips until this point, congrats, you now have your very first crafter at lv 80!
  • Regarding other sources of EXP. Outside of GC turn ins and Leves, the other great sources of exp are the Beast Tribes -the Ixal and the Moogles.
    • While I did not use these because I was being lazy, if you're going for efficiency, these guys can help you out a lot. M'naago in Rhalgr's Reach is also a nice source of EXP after lv 60.
  • Having a good Netflix queue is important for this process, I watched all 6 seasons of Community leveling my crafters. After you get all the macros set up, you're essentially just pressing one or two buttons to craft things, so being able to watch something using your second monitor is really useful. I found this method to be so convenient, that I didn't bother doing beast tribes, since I was being lazy.
  • The most important tip I can give you is this: Pace yourself. With the lockdown going on, I split my days up like this -
    • I'd spend one day getting my crafter to lv 66 or lv 70 and I'd stop there (after prepping for the next day buy buying items and mats I'd need for story quests).
    • The next day would be spent doing all of my story quests.
    • I'd spend the third day getting it to lv 80 and starting on the next crafter.
  • Depending on how I felt, or how busy I was, I'd use the thresholds in the Ishgard guide.
    • Spend one day getting from lv 20 - 50.
    • The next day would be spent getting to lv 70, etc.
  • Pacing yourself so you don't burn out is essential. At the end of it I had a system that worked really well and I got far more efficient as time went along. I actually didn't start preparing stuff for the story quests beforehand until I had only 3 crafters left to level. So hopefully this post will save you more time.

This post turned out a lot longer than I expected. If you've reached this point and read through everything, I hope that this has helped you on your quest to get all your crafters leveled, or at least has shown you what the process can look like.

I'm sure other people have figured out even more efficient ways to get stuff leveled up, but this is the method that I used. It was pretty relaxing, did not stress me out and let me be lazy but efficient at the same time.

Hope you're all staying safe and best of luck!

submitted by /u/depressed_panda0191
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Back