fun site to browse while bored

furax

Chikubi
FC/Leadership
http://www.abandonedbutnotforgotten.com/

i found some neat stuff from jersey on there. Been to a few of them, like devil's tower - rumor was that you could hear screams at midnight coming from the top of the tower, and if you looked up you'd see the silhouette of someone hanging at the top. The rio vista buildings are lame, those are newly constructed, it used to be one big nasty looking monastery all overgrown and windows smashed; rumor there was the monks that occupied it ate molded bread that made them hallucinate and kill each other. I've been to the marlboro psychiatric hospital - that was a fun time, but that was on a date of which the details i'll spare you. Anyone else visited spots they have stories of?

I checked Maryland and was surprised the Glenn Dale Hospital wasn't listed. It was abandoned in the 70s, was a tuberculosis hospital and a fairly large campus, about twelve buildings, some connected by underground tunnels. I had only been in some of the the housing, but I had friends that had explored a bit of it.

This is a similar site: New England Ruins

And this is another interesting site, on urban exploration (usually abandoned spaces in cities): Urban Explorers

Bannermans Castle is really cool. I always take my Jet ski around it whenever I go out. It's right in Cold Spring.

The Hudson River Psychiatric Center is also a cool one. I've never actually been inside it though, looks really creepy o_O

I wouldn't dare try to find any abandoned place here in Phoenix cause there'll probably be a dozen cannibal mexican families squatting in them.

Kings Park Mental Facility in Long Island always reminded me of Silent Hill.... or 13 Ghosts.

Back