Fun Over Form

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Ill try to make this post as least complicated as posiible while also trying my best to get the point across.
SE, You guys need to stop getting rid of UNIQUENESS and FUN in exchange for your FORMULA!
now dont misunderstand what im saying -- this game is still fun, and i often find myself spending farm more time on this
soul-sucking program than i would like to, but with each expansion you guys are inching ever closer to a 1-rail game
full of 1 trick gameplay (this is primarily apperent in the HEALER role, and stated complications with BLU.)

the problem is, i can see you guys are trying to balance the game perfectly to where everything is completely fair, and
the DNGs and raids play a certain way, but in doing this your restricting future posabilities, and in turn making more
work for yourselves, and your sucking the fun out of certain places in the game.

(borrowing inspration from ff5) you guys have so many diffrent itmes and mechanics that are iconic for final fantasy games
, but you guys arent utilizing them, atleast not in a very meaningful way. It almost feels like you guys do some things
unnessecarily.
alsow me to explain in a simple way.
AST (basicly the replacement for time mage) used to have a STOP and a HEAVY, also used to have cards OTHER than just
a short lived damage buff, thoes are the things that made it further unique and fun to play... it dosent have thoes now, and what it
had was replaced with a clunkier, more complicated and unnessecary system -- in return we got no anwer to better dps moves, or
even a new ability that made the transition worth while.

BLU...well...you can just look on any forum that dicusses blue mage to know where you guys screwed up. (i mean,it was a hightly
requested job, and iconic class in the history of final fantsy, and arugably one of the coolest concepts of a class in this
game...how could u guys screw it up this bad...and all for what? a balancing act that happens throught the enterty of the
game anyways?)

apologies, this is kind of a nitpick -- i know some people like bard just the way it is, but BARD is a class that uses a
musical instrament and sings songs from the back row that stagger enemies and boost allies -- the way Bard plays in this game
is what a RANGER job with a BOW! should play like. BARD however was supposed to be a musical support class. -- again, sorry
in adavnce :D
(PS: i wouldnt even be mad if you guys just decided to make bard a singer-aoe-type support, and
just transition all its DPS abilities over to an actual RANGER class. im just sayin ;D)

TLDR -- you guys need to balance the GAME around the FUN, not the other way around.

Continue reading...

Back