Full Update Details (07/18/05)

I imagine those effects will be things like:

poison potency, casting time, how much support the various belts give you (e.g. +1, +2, +3), etc.

With the Ducal Guard's Ring, they'll probably add a way to get it back if the change was making the charges unlimited.

by the way kalia your avatar looks like what probably 500 people are doing right now trying to get the update

I hope they make a way to get it back... I tossed mine after the 5 uses ._.

i felt that way when i worked at Hilton Reservations Worldwide it was like a full day of valkurm dunes everyday.

also:
"Trading a wijnruit and 99 ninja tools to a certain NPC can now earn the player a toolbag.
This item may be gathered in stacks of twelve, essentially increasing the player's ninja tool inventory capacity twelvefold. "

To me as a crafter with no storage or inventory space this is a godsend

oi..... back up while farmin' gold coins XD, I love it!!! wow great updates.... so have all our claim/unclaim issues been solved or am I mistaken?.... anyway hopefully this update won't be such a pain to update when I get on haha.. but that "Fellow" quest is a definate must when I come back... I can see my orc/hr count increase with a lil bit of help haha......

goldcoins are nice valgavv but have you considered orcish troopers for gold orcmasks (desynth to gold ingot) and steal mythril coins from them (100k per mythril ingot stack) in a day you can get some good farming off that combination

Holy crap... I honestly thought it was a joke when I got to the part about emp pin and cock charm. But knowing Kalia this was all serious. Wow.

Of course, mobs with EX drops can be pretty heavily contested too (think about O Bow and Mystic Gob)~

-benny

I think taking out /BRD as an insta-uber-sleep move was kinda good^^;; lol

-benny

Tarnak said:
by the way kalia your avatar looks like what probably 500 people are doing right now trying to get the update

haha, the eye balls popping out is somewhat disturbing :bfg:

benny said:
I think taking out /BRD as an insta-uber-sleep move was kinda good^^;; lol

-benny

ahahahahahah then shalk spent all that time on getting brd sub for nothing! hahahahah i feel sorry for him ;X sorry shalk! u_u;;;

Kalia said:
(sorry, Aida is a grammar nazi, I'm a perfectionist Nazi. I can't help it)

I do wonder what the changes they made were to items with charges, I threw away my Kingdom & Federations Stables Scarf after I used up all the charges but I loved them both so since they were so damn useful. I hope the changes made to the big ticket items though make it better for those legit players trying to camp them, I gave up on camping [NM Name Here] after all the competetition from gilsellers, it just ended up having no point and wasting time.

kinda depressing i had fun making gilseelers lives hell. Take the claim walk around with it shoot it to keep hate. /point /laugh at said gilseller. i'll find other ways like laugh at Superboy when he is dead somewhere like he always seems to be

Am I the only person who thinks the leaping boots etc. changes are bad?...

In this situation everyone is going to have one, sooner or later, correct?...
That's how I see it anyway.
It seems like this is going to un-draw the line between the good players and the.. well not so good players.

I understand it should cut back on the gilfarmers just a little bit, but let's just say they have far more ways to monopolize than these, and I honestly don't think this will really hurt them too much.

So let me get this straight. .everyone's going to eventually get themselves a peacock charm etc etc... and we'll all be "1337" or whatever. Doesn't that take the challenge away? These are all very useful items that are usually highly prized by the players who have them, and it seems like this update will just take that away..

I also wonder what is going to happen to the prices of the non rare/ex versions.

Case A: The prices will go down as everyone panics to sell them (You paladins remember when the Knightly Mantle came out and everyone sold their Gaia Mantle +1... it was actually down to 2k a piece, insane. Although this case is slightly different).

Case B: People will be lazy sons of bitches. The prices will skyrocket because people will not want to spend time camping these NMs, especially in the beginning when EVERYONE is camping them for their rare/ex exchange item, so that they can sell their other one.

In either case, it seems like it is going to be extremely hectic for a while. We'll see what happens though i suppose.

I feel like my worth has gone down though, personally, and I really hope my snipers/leapers/pin did not just turn into dust.

Back