"friend" Used Me For Gil Laundering :( I'm Devastated.

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Hi guys,

I started playing this game a few months back and I'm really enjoying playing my dragoon :). This was my first MMO ever so I was clueless about how everything worked.

An experienced player took me under his wing. He had the mentor logo beside his name and he gave me so much helpful advice, like how to level up my other classes with Palace of the Dead, and also which gear to buy when there were so many options.

I thought of him as my best friend in the game! He gifted me so much stuff like gear and glamours, he took me through Aurum Vale when I played White mage and made the party wipe 7 times and I got kicked a few times by other parties.... You get the picture.

Around a month ago when I told him I wanted to buy a house, but didn't know how to make money (I wanted advice on which crafters to level to earn gil), he traded me 70 million gil and told me to buy a large house when the ishgard housing would come out!!! I refused at first ofc but then he said it was pocket change to him since he had been playing for so long, and he had close to a billion already. He also said he wanted me to buy the house for our FC bc right now we only have a medium so it made sense to me after that.

Last week he said he wanted most of the gil back because he needed it to buy gear. I gave it all back no questions asked because tbh I always had it stored away in my retainer anyways and still thought of it as his money. At the time I didn't even think about questioning why he needed it to buy gear if he had close to a billion gil.

A few days ago I found out I had been unfriended by him and I had been kicked from our FC. There were only about 8 people in the FC and they all unfriended me too!

I was blindsided because just a day ago these people were my best friends! They had blocked me on discord too and I had been removed from our discord group. I tried thinking about what I did wrong but I literally couldn't come up with anything convincing. The most I had ever done with the FC was put a few decorations in the house, take out things from the FC chest, etc.

It wasn't until I talked to another friend who was completely separate from this group of people that she suggested I might have been used to "launder" gil for these people. 70 million is not a small amount and I looked up the price for it on a RMT site and found out it was HUNDREDS(!!!!) of dollars to buy that much gil!!!!

I guess my question now is if I will get banned for this? I literally only thought I would buy the FC house for us when ishgard housing opens up, and I didn't buy anything with it, it just sat in my retainer all this while.

Up till today I still haven't gotten banned, but I'm literally so scared that I could get banned because I put so much love and effort into my character :( I also have some mogstation outfits that cost real money. Most importantly I am not even done the MSQ and I want to finish this amazing story.

I've checked the Square Enix announcements saying they've banned X amount of people for RMT stuff the past few days, so I know they're checking. What do I do? How long do I have to wait to be absolutely sure that I'm not gonna get banned, because right now even though I want to buy mogstation stuff like the peacock and fantasia I'm scared to because my account could become unusable...

P.S. James if you're reading this, fuck you :( I trusted you and looked up to you... I hope you get to the end of Praetorium then get kicked and have to do it all over again.

submitted by /u/duozui
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Back