Final Crystalline Prophecy BCNM Strategies

Heike

Galka in Training
Spun and I managed to beat this on the second try, with no trouble at all, so I want to share the strategy we used with you.

Setup: PLD/RDM, RNG/NIN, RNG/NIN, BRD/WHM, WHM/SCH, RDM/BLM

When you enter this arena, you will be placed on a ramp of sorts, at a distance of about 18' away from the enemy crystal. The enemy does not move from its location, but will draw you in.

The key to winning this BCNM is to used ranged attackers of some sort. This is because the majority of the problems caused by the mob happen within a distance of 15'. One move in particular, Seed of Judgment, is spammed after 50% and does massive AoE.

So, to counter this only your PLD should be taking hits. Have all of your DD and mages stay at the back of the ramp, on the Eastern most side. Then, the PLD will go down the ramp, hang a left, and position themselves in a nook. They will take all the GA spells to the face, and all of the AoE, but will have plenty of support to live with. When drawn in, they should immediately run back to the nook. Others should always run back to the ramp. Do NOT stay in range of the mob for any longer than you have to.

From time to time the mob spawns seed pets; these pets are to be killed ASAP. I could kill one with 3-4 arrows, or, what I usually did, was a quick sidewinder to one shot them. Spun saved his WS for mowing down the boss; I saved mine for the pets. When it is time to WS the boss, wait until after he does a TP attack, then run to 12', WS, and run back. This is to minimize the chances of you taking a Seed of Judgment or, worse still, charm.

Since it is most likely that the DD will lose their JAs early on due to a reset move the boss has, have your PLD use them at start. RNGs can too, but be careful not to pull too much hate. When under 15%, don't get bold, keep it slow and steady. Take out the seeds. Then around 5% you can go nuts, Icarus Wing, whatever you need.

That's basically all there is to this fight. Bard will keep up dual ballad for the PLD. You may need to use a stringed instrument to reach him; don't run down there unless absolutely necessary. WHM will cast curagas after each GA that hits the party. So many strategies on the web say you must have Stun, but I can assure you that we took at least 20 and never went into the red, even our PLD. Clear time was 19 minutes 40 seconds, respectable considering the one before us was 29 minutes 43 seconds, and it is a 30 minute time limit.

Good luck, post if you have any questions.

-Omar

Question: paper or plastic?

Thanks for the tip. I might consider doing the xpansion sometime though all I hear is fail in terms of content.

Question: paper or plastic?

Thanks for the tip. I might consider doing the xpansion sometime though all I hear is fail in terms of content.
yeah i've been wondering how this is, just havent had time to check up... i guess epic fail based on what you just said?

Lack of characterization, abnormally easy quests followed by a ridiculously tough quest, and lots of hating on fellow players because of competition from them on limited mobs? How's that different from the rest of FFXI? Yes it's pretty bad though, I do agree. I don't play this game for the quests and missions though. None of them make much sense and I don't really get into the characters involved.

A friend said SMN work really well for this fight too, which makes sense given the above description.

I might pick up this mini-pack, but the one I'm really waiting for is Shantotto's.

Someone in my LS has failed it 6 straight times. =[
He hates the climb up the tower.

I'm waiting to team up with the Super Secret "Double Oh" Agent to free up some time. ^.-

i did this bc twice yesterday. first time setup was pld/drk, blm/rdm, whm/???, rng/ninx3. wiped at 40% when whm and pld ran out of mp. the pld had done the fight before and said the mob was hitting him harder this time around. Also the pld was getting owned on the -ga. on the second fight setup was pld/drk, blm/rdm, whm/???, rdm/drk, rng/ninx2. I died at 35% rr and was killed again. (was killing a clone when i got hit by the aoe move) so for the rest of the fight all i could do was watch. the group almost wiped at 3% when pld got charmed and the second rng died. both fights it seemed that mp was a problem. i dont know what the whm was subbing but it wasn't sch. also i'm not sure if they were using solace or not. the mob seem to spam seed of judgement alot. story wise the addon was ehhh. It was better then some of the early quests but it seemed to lack in alot of areas.

was killing a clone when i got hit by the aoe move

Best way to avoid this is to pull the clones up to the mage - can shoot your arrow from 25' max range, and even if you miss it will be enough to make them come to you. That way you don't have to worry about the AoE.

-Omar

actually i was standing on the top step with the mages when that happend. actually in both battles i noticed that if your too close to the steps you'll get hit.

It's also possible to be hit by a -GA spell if you are on the side of steps that is closest to the PLD, depending on what part of the nook the PLD is in. I helped some friends do this and went as PLD instead of RNG, and noticed a few things. One, that /RDM was certainly the way to go, the MDB trait and the numerous spells for hate worked wonders, and two, that you should never, ever, ever stop running to the nook for any reason. When you run you will barely, and I do mean barely escape the charm; 56K lag made me not escape that charm a couple times. It's not over when that happens though, they would just sleep me, and then have whoever has hate run to the nook like I was doing until it's over, usually in 30 seconds.

-Omar

Back