FFXIV Mechanics question

hello Kittehs, and the rest.

Has nyone else tried out FFXIV yet? :p

I know some of you were in the beta so i'm hoping for an answer to a question or two.

With the new system, it seems like you distribute your stats as you like when you level up.

Now being the melee kitty that i am, i choosed a gladiator class.
I've raised my vit the most, my strenght a lil and my dex a little too. It's all purrrrfect.

But now...if i change class to Marauder...won't i miss a ton of strenght, and therefore be a very bad Marauder? Or even worse, if i switch class to a caster ; won't i be horribly gimped having spent all my points on melee stats?

It seems to me like it's better to have a different char per class and focus all your stat upgrades into 1 category. Am i missing something? Do the points get refunded in a way or another?

This seems like a very convenient way to put your upgrade in the wrong stats then have to start over.

Also, is there a mail system or an AH system? i haven't found it yet. The prospect of leveling mining multiple times considering the time it takes is not very appealing.

halp!

Yeah, I wish you could just reassign all points however you like, either restricted by a time limit or a gil cost. I just hope we don't have to wait 8 years for that to happen.. You know SE... lol. I pray they learned some things from FFXI.

You can reassign points, but only the last level or two's worth. It's pretty stupid, lol.

And yeah no mail system or AH at this point.

As far as I know, you are able to do a full reassign with your attributes and element points. It does take a few hours to do a complete rebuild on your point setup, but you aren't left in a situation where you've gimped your character permanently and you can't recover or try a different stat mixture.

The element thing is kind of interesting; I've got a few things I've noticed but I'm not sure of it enough that I'd say anything on a public board about it yet, lol.

I too am a kitteh Gladiator, ~2500 away from Sentinel Rank 10.

Can't really say I'm really into one class though. I wanted all of the DoW shit at least 10 before I picked one to take up a little more.

6793_90ac276afdf6046a.png

Has anyone gotten out of their starter gear yet?

...i'm working on a chain mail vest...but ot do that i need a lv 10 armorer hammer....to get that i need a lv 11 blacksmith synth....that i probaly will fail without a lv 10 blacksmith hammer....

...they went overboard with the crafting , jesus.

So , how exactly is everyone feeling about the game?

As for me i'm on the fence about paying for the next month. So many design choices are questionnable.

I'm curious to see if i'm the only one.

So , how exactly is everyone feeling about the game?

As for me i'm on the fence about paying for the next month. So many design choices are questionnable.

I'm curious to see if i'm the only one.

Seems they are extending trial for another 30 days now.. doubtful I'll be paying after that unless they do something major. Just been playing console games lately, seems like a better use of my time. I don't hate the game.. there are just certain annoyances that shouldn't be there. My main gripe is that they tried to create a system that allowed for casual play, the teleports were an awesome idea. Anima system? Not so awesome. I end up walking everywhere anyway because I don't want to use all my anima, since it regens so slowly. Sad part? I haven't played in forever, but I would be surprised if my anima even regen'd to full yet.

Back