Ffxiv Controller Issues

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Greetings community,

I had been playing FFXIv for many years, with both a PS3 controller, and a PS4 controller, it usually worked fine and was more or less, plug and play. This was on a Windows 8 64 Bit OS

A few months ago, I bought a Razer Raiju controller. I used it both via bluetooth aswell as over the USB Cable, and just like the PS3/4 controller, it worked just fine. This also, was on a Windows 8 64 Bit OS

Here is the problem now: I updated to Windows 10 recently, and ever since then, my Raiju hasn't been working properly anymore.

Basically what happens is, the controller works fine ingame, but all the buttons are flipped and not based around the default controls. (For instance, triangle would be jump, X would be select NPC etc.) So I tried to go into the gamepad settings to calibrate it, but when I hit calibrate, the menu doesn't pick up ANY of my buttons. As such I am unable to properly calibrate it, seeing as some of my buttons seem out of order.

The weird thing is here: It works in literally any other game. I have played shooters, fighting games, and lots of other stuff with the gamepad, without any problems, and just plug and play. It even worked before back when I had Win 8, but ever since Win 10, it's just kind of broken.

Another weird thing is: When I actually open the Calibration menu, if I move ANY of my buttons, the game actually picks it up and shows what buttons I am pressing. It's only when I actually hit the Calibrate button and try to actually calibrate it properly, that it doesn't pick up any of my inputs.

I have zero clue what to do. I have googled answers and the few solutions that I got didn't work for me. I plugged in my old Ps4 controller to play with in the time being, and that one works just fine with no complications, but I want to play on my Raiju, if I specifically bought it.

The things I tried: Reinstalling the Raiju XInput driver, Swapping the gamepads modes from the Xbox mode to the Ps4 mode aswell as the Ps4 mode + touchpad, Pairing the Raiju over wireless mode and trying the game, Pairing the Raiju with a USB cable and trying the game, DS4Windows (DS4 Windows couldn't pick up my Raiju, but it picks up my other controllers."

I am hopeless and have no idea what to do. I feel like I have tried literally everything, and I can't even understand why it does this. Like I said, the controller works fine ingame, it's just that the buttons aren't in sync.

Yes, I even tried the old fashioned way of just reassining each button manually over FFXIV's button configuration. The problem is that my L3 and R3, also act as Start and Select, and FFXIV's button configuation doesn't let you change Start and Select to L3/R3 functions and vice versa. Thus I'd be stuck with this. Not just that, but I would have to redo all my hotbars aswell since visually they were built around the standard layout. This would become a problem if I were to use a PS4 controller again (Or if I go to a friends house to play FFXIV there, and play with this controller, that would use the default setup)

Any ideas for this? I appreciate any help

submitted by /u/Cryokino1
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Back