FFXI - August Update Information - 8/24/07 (DRG,SMN,BST,PUP, and Chocobos!)

Fodder

Ultima Legacy
PlayOnline said:
August will see an adjustment to the Dragoon, Summoner, Beastmaster, Puppetmaster jobs as well as owners of chocobos. In the past, adventurers were unable to bring pets and chocobos into a majority of city zones, with the exception of pets being allowed in the Al Zahbi city zone introduced in the Treasures of Aht Urhgan expansion.

We are pleased to announce adventurers will now be able to complete a new quest in each city to allow certain pets and chocobos to be brought into towns and cities! New pet emotes to allow adventurers and pets to show their stuff will also be available.

2199.jpg

Adventurers who complete the initial Obedience Training quest to obtain a Pet Leash will be able to equip the leash to bring the following pets into town:

Beastmaster*

Pets called using an item

Summoner*

Carbuncle
Fenrir
Elemental spirits

Dragoon

Wyverns

Puppetmaster

Puppets

Chocobo owners

Chocobos! **

* Due to safety considerations for town inhabitants and other adventurers, other quested avatars and charmed monsters may not be brought into cities.

** Chocobos may be ridden into towns and cities, however; adventurers will be dismounted from their chocobo upon entering and will be able to lead their chocobos through town before remounting upon exiting a town area.

As an added bonus, adventurers whose pets complete the entire Obediance Training quest series will be able to obtain new emotes such as sit, lie down, stand, or even jump through a hoop.

Please note that for the safety of your pet, the Flee job ability, Mazurka Bard song, and all movement enhancement equipment will have no effect while an adventurer is in control of a leashed pet.

Look forward to the release of even more details on the day of the update!

2212_6.jpg

You know... You'd think they could come up with something better. Do DRG, BST, PUP, and SMN really complain about this type of crap? What a waste of time...

Last edited:
I don't see this on POL.... Can we get a link to it?

Assuming it's real, I think it's kinda nice. There weren't people clamoring for NPC or puppet emotes either, but they added it and it's kinda fun. ^_^ I'm glad they occasionally add more fun stuff that isn't item/mob/gameplay related.

i want shivaaaaaaaaaaaaa, not stupid carbuncle or fenrir >< >< >< ><

Lol, safety concerns? Then why the hell are they letting Fenrir run around. <_<;

this is probably the stupidest update inclusion i've ever seen. Do they REALLY think anyone gives a FUCK about seeing MORE models clog up the screen in the cities.

Please note that for the safety of your pet, the Flee job ability, Mazurka Bard song, and all movement enhancement equipment will have no effect while an adventurer is in control of a leashed pet.

Eww.

Due to safety considerations for town inhabitants and other adventurers, other quested avatars and charmed monsters may not be brought into cities.

Ok, so we are going to let the evil looking wolf and elemental spirits capable of -aga III spells walk around with you but not any of the celestial avatars or Diabolos... mhmm.

As an added bonus, adventurers whose pets complete the entire Obediance Training quest series will be able to obtain new emotes such as sit, lie down, stand, or even jump through a hoop.

Ok, while I know this doesnt just apply to SMNs, as a SMN I will internalize it: Carbuncle, although cute, and Fenrir, although awsome, are avatars... incarnations of gods if I remember correctly. Unless Fenrir attacks the SMN upon completeion of jumping through said hoop, forcing you avatars to perfrom circus tricks...hmmm. And how excatly is a Fire Spirit, for example, supposed to sit? >.>

Finally, unless Fenrir and the spirits are somehow free in terms of perpetuation, there's no way in hell SMNs will use this except for Carbuncle....

I think will be like costumes, remember you couldn't use the AH or open the doors in town.

Fake?

I can not find this on POL either. The pictures are from 2 earlier POL posts. You pulling our leg Boss?

Back