FFXI - August Update Information - 8/23/07 (BST,COR,PUP)

Aangeliceus

Kitteh's Meow
FC/Leadership
PlayOnline said:
August will see adjustments to two-handed weapon wielding and several jobs.
If you missed our description of grips and two-handed weapons, be sure to check it out in the August 14th edition of Topics. In this edition, we will be covering job enhancements.

Beastmaster

The duration for which a beastmaster can maintain a pet invoked with the "Call Beast" ability will be extended. The new length of time, though varying depending on the type of pet brought forth, may be up to 90 minutes.

Additionally, when not engaged in combat, pet healing will be possible through use of the "Stay" ability. Finally, the experience penalty previously incurred by a beastmaster while using a charmed monster will be done away with.

Corsair

After the version update, corsairs across Vana'diel will be the happy recipients of several job enhancements.

For starters, the effect of Phantom Roll will be augmented so that the effects can be felt even when neither a large nor Lucky Roll is made. To make a comparison, the efficacy of a corsair's roll will generally exceed that of a bard's song. Should a corsair roll an 11, the efficacy will, for the most part, exceed that of two bard's songs.

The length of immobility a corsair suffers during their rolls has also been shortened. In addition, the merit point-accessible ability "Fold" will function to reduce the likelihood of busting, as well as modifying the effect of rolls.

We will also be adding new gear that will further increase the range of Phantom Roll. When using the roll and this gear in tandem, even players engaged in combat at some distance from the corsair will fall within the area of effect. And as if that weren't enough, players can even expect new ammunition with rather enticing damage ratings.

Puppetmaster

The update also brings with it two all-new heads to supplement the puppetmaster's arsenal of automaton accoutrements.

The primary purpose of both heads is to grant magic bonuses: one for healing, and the other, elemental. For example, equipping the "healing" head will cause an automaton to undergo a healing magic power enhancement. As a result, subsequent cure spells will encompass all party members, rather than the puppetmaster alone.

Careful reconsideration has led us to raise the current skill limits for automatons as well. With these increases, puppetmasters can expect to see improved performance from their automata in such areas as attack power and accuracy, magic accuracy, and more!

Look forward to the release of even more details on the day of the update!

2212_6.jpg

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/2212/detail.html

This August update is completely made of win. Corsair bonus is fucking huge.... ppl are gonna level the shit outta this job now.

My only question now is, where is a merit camp with good charmable mobs in it :p and I need to go back and look up charm time length charts again^^.

-benny

Now i can say that i was a Corsair before Corsair was cool. I was so hoping they would Pwn up the Corsair Rolls in this update, let the meripo invites roll baby, wooowoo.

OMFG at BST update X_X_X_X_X

I'll have to reflect on it a bit to figure out the usefullness of what they are changing with bst. But at a first read sounds shitty to me. CC and Fungus always die before they despawn anyways. HQ jugs are still way too expensive and rare to make just for things like xp. The only real thing this update does is make it safer to finish off mobs since you wont need to leave. This will come in handy during things like giraffe's when they use healing breeze right when you leave. I bet having a T or VT pet will still lower xp though. I was hoping for an ACC change to jugs or some sort of job specific enhancement that wouldnt also enhance /bst as much as it did Bst. But honestly for those that do like /bst this is perfect for you.

This may be the greatest update I have experienced since I started playing this game.

If the 2-hand grips/changes turn out not to be the flop everyone anticipates they will be, I just might come back to finish my first favorite job, drg.

On top of that, the only reason I log on anymore, other than my friends, is in hopes bst gets some love and voila! My wish comes true. Good day for me.

A very, very, very happy bst,
Ez

some one explain what thay are doin to COR.... I dont get it lol

The BST Update is realy cool....

I agree with Gordie, I would expect T or VT pets to still reduce exp. E or lower pets would have no exp impact, whether they're jugs or charmed pets. I still think these changes will be nice, but it may depend on how potent the Stay healing is.

As for pup changes... they're buffing the mage frame tremendously, which is very nice. The blm head might make its damage comparable to the rng frame, and the whm head could be really interesting. I can't tell from the description if the cure spells are going to become -ga spells or if they're just single targets, but curagas would be really nice. Hard to say if these will be the breakout changes pup has needed, but they'll be helpful.

I'll need someone to fill in for me as whm-brd so I can experiment with it. ^_~

The COR adjustment may be exactly what I need to motivate me to finish the job up, lol. It's been stuck at 72 for a long time. It seems as if the job is viewed as a subpar BRD at the moment. BRDs can provide overlapping songs of a set value, they don't get effected by Amnesia (Silence is removable and resisted on BRD), and they still will be better than COR when it comes to pulling for XP.

Roll Effect
Rogue's and Fighter's Roll are already insane on XI (+24% Crit and +24% Double Attack). I'm really wondering if Evoker's Roll will get powered up to give more than the current max (XI) +5MP/Tic Refresh w/ SMN. Some of the current rolls are good (MNKs and SAMs, BLM and RDM, COR Roll). I'm really wondering if the peaks will be changed or just the average values.

COR Roll currently maxes at +24% EXP Bonus, are they boosting that?

Roll Range
If I can get rolls on people outside of Amnesia range, I'm happy too. Imps piss me the hell off...I have to play a timing game in order to get in range of melee and get them a roll before I get hit with Amnesia and throw off my roll timing.

Roll Lock
Please God, tell me that I read this right and this is shortening Roll Lock.

Bullet DMG Increase
I don't care about using it for weaponskills, I care because bullet DMG translates into higher Quick Draws. Boost it up high enough and we may be able to bust out a QD Nuke that actually means something every 50 sec (merited), lol. With self casted Wizard's Roll (if it's adjusted) we might see a higher average QD on really hard targets, lol.

I'm not going to sit there and try to Slug Shot an HNM when I can hit him with QD without enganging. I don't even have to face the enemy, I don't require TP, and I don't need MP...just a card. It only requires a button mash every 50 sec (merited QD /recast) while I'm reapplying rolls and possibly healing a little.

siggie3.png

siggie3.png

windshotoe1.png

fafandQD.jpg

Last edited:
BST is definately going to be my next job now. Love the no exp penalty.

As for corsair. I personally LOVE corsair in merit parties. Just wish I could find one. A merit pt with a brd and corsair is so delicious.

They say the COR rolls will be comparable to BRD spells. There are still some questions to be answered. Lilke, is this only for similar attributes buffs that brds have (i.e. Attack and refresh)? And at what level brd spell. Do COR's get the effect of the tier IV songs as we level up or is it just a % max that is similar to BRDs?

I've felt for a while that base COR attributes needed to have a factor of 10 added to them to compare to a BRD song. (ie > 21% attack increase with a Roll of 1 with a DRK (currently 11%), an ending with 34% attack increase with a Roll of 11). So i'm wondering how this will impact, Double attack, criticals, Store TP, etc)

"the effect of Phantom Roll will be augmented so that the effects can be felt even when neither a large nor Lucky Roll is made."
Also does this mean that there are no more lucky numbers?

I'll use Evokers Roll (refresh) as an example:
Previously with a SMN in party the refresh rate would be like this:
1-4 > 2 mp/tick
5 > 4 mp/tick (Lucky #)
6-7 > 2 mp/tick
8 > 3 mp/tick
9 > 2 mp/tick (Unlucky #)
10> 3 mp/tick
11 > 5 mp/tick

Post Update: (assumption)
1-10 > 3 mp/tick
11 > 6 mp/tick

It seems more likely that the floor and ceiling values will be increased. The range in between will still be there.

Finally, the experience penalty previously incurred by a beastmaster while using a charmed monster will be done away with.
Finally, the experience penalty previously incurred by a beastmaster while using a charmed monster will be done away with.
On one hand, ecstatic. I can see my 63 BST hitting 75 in maybe a week. On the other hand, pained, that I went through all that BS lvling via leave xD haha. oh well.

On one hand, ecstatic. I can see my 63 BST hitting 75 in maybe a week. On the other hand, pained, that I went through all that BS lvling via leave xD haha. oh well.

It prolly feels to BST like it did to everyone else when they lowered the exp per lvl to 75 for everyone. Then again, if you didn't have every job at 75 already by then it was a welcome change. I say /hurray BST more power to ya!

The funny thing is Bst were not complaining about the difficulty of attaining lvl 75. We are complaining of the lack of endgame material available to us once we do hit 75. All of this update still leaves us way sub par at the end lvl. Bst is a great job but once you finish it, Its like Now What.....

The funny thing is Bst were not complaining about the difficulty of attaining lvl 75. We are complaining of the lack of endgame material available to us once we do hit 75. All of this update still leaves us way sub par at the end lvl. Bst is a great job but once you finish it, Its like Now What.....
Pup has been like that for me. I had a ton of fun leveling it up, but now I don't have anything to use it on at 75. Even my salvage run as pup was disappointing, though some of the tier 2 pup merits might have helped somewhat. I can do a good job in a merit party, but good luck joining a merit party as pup when you have brd available. >_>

Back