FF11 Emergency Maintenance

Well if half of them are still here, guess they are making money out of it, don't you think?
After the kraken club update, RMT were still camping LoO. I most likely think they're stupid...

After the kraken club update, RMT were still camping LoO. I most likely think they're stupid...

Funny you should say that...

I was crusing through Onzozo the other day and I just said lets have a look at the Onzozo spot and there he was... no one around and just sitting there, lol.... He aggroed me, I ran. He draws in so I drug LoO to a fish bot or two in Onzozo, I died and watch it eat a few people in Onzozo... good times.

Funny you should say that...

I was crusing through Onzozo the other day and I just said lets have a look at the Onzozo spot and there he was... no one around and just sitting there, lol.... He aggroed me, I ran. He draws in so I drug LoO to a fish bot or two in Onzozo, I died and watch it eat a few people in Onzozo... good times.
Kinda stupid that they now have an NM in the game that used to be camped so often drop nothing. Why not just take LoO out of the game?

apathy more than stupidity, I'd think.

Provided you even speak english, and providing you aren't just monitoring 12 bots go at it, you'd probably be smacked upside the head and denied your daily bowl of rice if you were caught cruising the internet during your 12 hour shift.

So basically you zone out and stare at the same screen you stare at for 12 hours straight every day whether you make your quota or not so why should you care?

Eventually some supervisor heres something from someone and tells the drummer to change the beat for the bot rowers and they move to the next thing they know will make them some money if they throw enough numbers at it.

Regardless, smart or dumb, there wouldn't seem much impetus to move for your average CGF. If you're manning the bots, you go where you're told, and don't really care if you get less. If you're camping a NM with an already low drop rate, you're probably gonna just keep assuming you're just unlucky and camp who you're told till you're assigned to someone else.

Then you probably have to ask directions.

It's not that you're stupid, it's just that you don't care. The guys manning the computers are not the ones making the money in the whole RMT deal.

While I enjoy the imagery Mane, I think most of the RMT companies are a lot smarter then we give them credit for. They probably adapt to the changes in the game better and faster then most normal players do. I understand your post from the players' perspective, but I think that the bosses would be up to speed.

accept that being arse over tits communist knob jockeys they have no concept of economics. They just produce as much shit as fast as possible without any regard for market equalibrium.

although the added benefit of being cheaters and working with an unlimited resource plays a part as well.

I beg to differ Ash. You can watch them sit on certain items they have completely monopolised then release a few into the market every few weeks keeping prices up. I agree that in cases where they don't have a monopoly they simply spam it all onto the AH.

Autumnstones are an example of an items availability being controlled. I've sat in Rolanberry with my mule in a gilfinder bazaar. The autumnstone didn't sell for days. When it did they had another one up immediately following. It was a Friday night and they sold 3 of them with each being replaced immediately. There were only 2 mules in Rolanberry with Autumnstones up the entire period. With them killing Ulli several times a day I'd bet they are sitting on dozens and dozens of stones simply trying to force people to buy them on their terms. Keeping the demand high by controlling the number of Haidates/Kirin pops makes them more money in the long run since they can charge more.

I'd lay odds they've dropped a few autumnstones from everyone of them having one.

The idea is to keep us from getting them.

They must actually devote very few resources to monopolising Ulli, but while they do they can be assured that some LS will always get annoyed enough to drop 3-4 million at a chance for Byakko and Kiren.

This means they have a good grasp of supply and demand, yes.

Overall I think they shot themselves in the foot when they took to controlling sky, though. It's made them overly visable. Gilsellers in the background are annoying, but you keep playing, gilfinders up front and center and keeping you from playing the endgame can't be ignored. It was one thing for GMs to say the guy who camped Okotes non-stop may be a player, and it annoyed a few dozen players each day who lost claim. But no one can ignore the loss of Sky. It's motivated a far more substantial player base into hating CGF and who have the years in the game to be vocal about someone pissing in their sandbox.

RMT in Sky is the main focal point for SE being forced to change aspects of their game, and in that sense it's actually good for us cause they've actually been forced to confront the issue to an extent.

The latest group of RMT, which includes Undermoon, Intosky, Rember and other similar names have been logging on for a few hours at a time and then logging off. They have mainly been farming Buffalo Meat and Hides.... take a look at the AH history of the hides.

There is a 2nd group that moves around and another trio of BLM's that farm Buffalo as well.....

Cure Clogs area? If so, that could relate to the logging off for a few hours and logging back on, not even sure if Cure Clogs are worth anything anymore. I think the last pair I got was for Snuggle.

I dunno what exact area... I farm the Buffalo on lower 1st level where you death-tractor up to the ENM item. They were not there, so I am assuming higher up. But I just /sea the area every now and then and see them off and on.

Cure Clogs area? If so, that could relate to the logging off for a few hours and logging back on, not even sure if Cure Clogs are worth anything anymore. I think the last pair I got was for Snuggle.

they're around 350k

Lafae has 3 of the last 7 or so sales

Back