FF XIII (spoilers maybe?)

Fayevalentine

Bebop Passenger
So I just got to the end of chapter 11, where you face Barthelandus again and then you can go back to Cocoon. There is one thing I have noticed....

Going to Pulse did not advance the story at all! The group left Cocoon to try to get rid of their tattoos, but they didn't meet anyone at all. All they did was run to Oerba to find someone and no one was there. Pulse just seemed to be a "Hey look how nice and big we can make things"!

Anyone else feel like that at the end of chapter 11?

Honestly I did so many of those sidequests that I didn't notice. Lol.

But I loved Gran Pulse. Absolutely beautiful. That may be another factor.

These stories do seem so weak compared to previous games... but hey, it is pretty!

-ara

I liked the story. Cared for it more than I did 12, at least.

If there's anything I really miss in this game..

It's the classic FF battle theme! And a flyable airship.. hasn't been one of those since FF9 :(

But that will all change soon.... supposed to be a flyable airship in FF13 Versus with an overworld map.

I don't mind change... but I hate when they remove elements that I LOVE.

In FF9 I think I spent hours flying the Hilda Garde when I first got it.

So I just got to the end of chapter 11, where you face Barthelandus again and then you can go back to Cocoon. There is one thing I have noticed....

Going to Pulse did not advance the story at all! The group left Cocoon to try to get rid of their tattoos, but they didn't meet anyone at all. All they did was run to Oerba to find someone and no one was there. Pulse just seemed to be a "Hey look how nice and big we can make things"!

Anyone else feel like that at the end of chapter 11?

Oddly though, Gran Pulse seems to be hands down the most popular section of the game throughout the playerbase.

Well it is sooooooooooo pretty. and i love petting the turtle... or should i say having them smash me.

-ara

Stupid turtles. I killz them all!!!

but but but... they is cute yo!!!

-ara

Oddly though, Gran Pulse seems to be hands down the most popular section of the game throughout the playerbase.

Its supposed to fill you with disappointment- the whole game is disappointment, and they still hold on to this frivolous hope that if they go to Oerba they can somehow magically be fixed. Surprise surprise, that doesn't happen- this puts you in the grim reality of the situation along with the characters. They can't run away from their destiny at this point. Its what happens AFTER this section that makes little to no sense to me. Following Bart, killing the end boss [Why??], etcetc.

I agree on the final boss... I was like "umm.. Why am I killing this thing? Isn't that what we want to avoid doing???"

All works out in the end, but still...

I'm just glad the story kept me interested though. Also, the battle system, something I thought I'd hate, is what I loved the most.

Okay maybe it was the cutscenes that really kept me interested lol

But I want to fly it myself :(

Well if you were cool enough you did get to fly it yourself... guess you didn't know that and thus, are not very cool.

-ara

Before I was able to fly it myself, I would board the airship, step away from my computer, hold my arms out, and spin like the propellers themselves, until it landed.:google:

I'm sure I'm not the first to say this, or probably the last: FF XIII is like that first mission in FF VII, where you're running down the corridor trying to blow up the Mako reactor. That's the whole game. It's like they couldn't decide if they wanted to do a new direct-to-DVD Final Fantasy movie or some kind of Final Fantasy: The Arcade Game, and settled somewhere in the middle. When I'm actually "controlling" the characters (and I use the term loosely) it feels like I'm just interrupting the flow of the very cinematic story which the game keeps trying to fool me into thinking I'm making some kind of impact or mark on.

The fortunate thing for the game, of course, is that the story really is quite good. It's just unfortunate it's like... you know... anyone ever play "Rebel Assault" back in the day? You're just sort of locked into this railway and can't deviate from it. It's certainly not a role-playing game, but the story is good enough that I find myself captivated to see it through.

But yeah, Chapter 11 is a big bait-and-switch.

I've only just started playing this game... Read a lot of bad reviews and how people where bored or they had no controll over the game.

I love it, Battle system is great. I put off buying it because of the reviews but got it really cheap when all the shops where trying to offload new copies :D

Working on the side quests now i'm able to go back to Gran Pulse and trying for 5 star on all battles.

Graphics are just awesome!

Yeah. I loved it. I need to get back to it some time to finish farming items and levels.

Yeah, I loved the game, especially the battle system.

I wouldn't say it got bad reviews though. Average scores at least. Mainly because everyone hates linear games. I don't know what kind of game people are expecting when it says Final Fantasy on the cover. The games have always been pretty linear.

I've said it before though, and I'll say it again... I want my airship and overworld map back! I loved flying around in my airship :( Especially in FF9!

WHAT!!! EVERY FF CANT BE JUST AS GOOD A 7!!!! WTF!!! HEADS EXPLODING ZOMBIES GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ....er hi.

-ara

Back