Faye and other so-cal players

Tarnak

Naked Thief
are you at least in a safe area? im not sure about murietta i think its safe there but i know people in temecula are evacuating. I hope it stays safe if you arent surrounded like i am in san diego :). Just wishing everyone the best

Im in Pomona right now actually but my family lives in a real suburban center of town. The fires in Temecula are probably out in the brushy areas, but thanks for worrying >.>

Also I first thought this thread was "Faye and other so called players" so Im thinking, what the fuck?!

Also I first thought this thread was "Faye and other so called players" so Im thinking, what the fuck?!
I read it that way at first too. ^_^;;;;

I hope everyone's safe out there. I used to live in Simi Valley, CA as a kid, and I still remember a few fires they had in the surrounding hills. I'll take Oklahoma tornado warnings over wildfires any day.

I read it that way at first too. ^_^;;;;

I hope everyone's safe out there. I used to live in Simi Valley, CA as a kid, and I still remember a few fires they had in the surrounding hills. I'll take Oklahoma tornado warnings over wildfires any day.

Actually... SoCal doesn't have fires to this extent very frequently. Most people whom I've talked to don't want to live in California mainly because of the earthquakes. And I'm pretty sure, earthquakes are much less common than tornados. That last big fire I remember was back in 94 when the fire was raging just beyond the San Gabriel ridge line in and around Monrovia/Pasadene area. At night, you can feel the heat as well as see the glowing red of the fires against the backdrop of the mountains. Very surreal.

My friend in SD had a company shut down yesterday. A few of her coworkers have been evacuated from where they live as well and are currently living with other coworkers.

this was the fire i'm referring to.
http://www.dankat.com/mstory/bailey.htm

I guess its called the Kinneloa Mesa fire. It hit pretty close to where I lived. I recall other fires after 96 but I wasn't around in SoCal anymore.

I'd take NO WEATHER in phoenix or snowstorm in NY over tornados and fires any day.

actually you missed the 03 san diego fire that was pretty bad also heh. last BIG earthquake however was in ummmmm 91? thats the last one i recall that wasnt just rocking someone to sleep.

I remember the fire in '03. Even up in Newport it was scary. I was working on a project all day, so I hadn't stepped outside or seen the news at all, then when I finally left the house for food, the sky was red and it was raining ash. I thought we had gotten bombed or something.

My dad lives in Escondido and was told to evacuate. He's staying at a hotel in Oceanside right now. But it seems as though the Rancho Bernardo fire is under control now.

yeah that fire seems to be under control its the one south of la mesa that worries me and under control can change fast if the winds pick up again o_O

i dont think 94 was the one i was thinking of however our house was directly on top of the san andreas fault so it was probably a small one but only big in san jacinto

Ya I missed quite a few fires. I also missed quite a few earthquakes as well too. The Whittier one was a big one. The Northridge one was a big one. I don't remember if there were any other big ones since I wasn't in SoCal after 96.

Alot of earthquake experts say California is long overdue for a big shaker. I can't imagine what a "big one" will be like. I remember that universal studios had that "ride." I also remember alot of cheezy 90s movies that focused on "the big one." My science teacher had us watch that "in the name of science" as well as "earthquake preparedness." He was a cool teacher.

this is nuts.
http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/NaturalHazards/natural_hazards_v2.php3?img_id=14577
http://bigpicture.typepad.com/writing/2003/10/satellite_photo.html

i'm strangely fascinated by these satellite pictures.

Last edited:
I'm in San Diego too. Selenak and I live over near OB, so it's pretty unlikely we have to worry about the fires directly. The air quality's starting to get bad though. Not as bad as '03, since that one got a lot closer to us, but enough to make you want to stay inside as much as possible.

I've only felt a couple real weak earthquakes in my five years here. Just felt like the floor was a little unsteady, like being on a platform that just got hit by a strong gust of wind.

All in all though, I'd rather be back in Michigan dealing with Tornados. :(

I'm in Irvine so I'm actually sort of stuck in the middle of 2-3 fires but I don't think we are in any immediate danger. There was a fire yesterday near our appartment complex though that burnt half of a hill but it got contained quickly. ^^;

New fires seem to be popping up. Authorities suspect it to be arson, and some are even speculating it's terrorism. One of the directors of my show lives in Rancho Santa Margarita, and just had to leave because he got a notice to evacuate his house.

lol Faye I doubt cheat codes will work here. The annoyance is they only mention witchcreek not the other ones that threaten the rest of us >.<

Terrorism is unlikely, but never underestimate how low people will sink to advance themselves.

I wouldn't be surprised to find a few groups looting homes ahead of the fires, and maybe starting a few fires of their own to start early evacuations in neighborhoods they think they'll profit in. Arson for profit is pretty likely.

Back