Fate Stay Night

mythlon

Punchie
FC/Active Member
Just finished watching Fate Stay Night.
I really enjoyed it.
Saw Blood+ a little while back too. I loved the music in Blood+ worth watching just for that, but the story was quite enjoyable also.

I watched a little over half of the F/SN anime, had a really hard time getting into the story. The game must have been very odd. The usual main character wishy-washy personality you see in those games really felt like it didn't work here (because of all the fighting action... he comes off as even more of a loser than normal). I'll probably go back and finish it eventually heh.

Was Blood+ that short, high-budget movie that was released a few years back?

-benny

There was a movie called Blood: The something or other a few years back. I thought the movie was somewhat "meh" though.

Blood+ was a follow on TV series I think. Blood+ was 50 episodes and I found it far more interesting than the movie.

As for FSN, yeah, the main character is definitely a tool in the beginning, but he starts to become less of a tool about 3/4 of the way through the series. Psuedo Spoiler below concerning the ending you'll have to highlight to read. Its nothing earth shattering, but people have their own ideas about what spoils endings and what doesn't so read at your discretion.

Don't go expecting a happy ending though.

Oh right. I saw Mai Hime somwehere around the same time I saw Blood+ too I don't remember which was first and which was last.
I'll say I enjoyed that as well and would be willing enough to recommend it as a good casual watch.

Right now I'm trying to find something else to watch.

Psuedo Spoiler below concerning the ending you'll have to highlight to read. Its nothing earth shattering, but people have their own ideas about what spoils endings and what doesn't so read at your discretion.
So I hear Snape kills Dumbledoor?! :p

Nah Talfus. Dumbeldore only pretends to die. He really was warped to an alternate dimension and he used a replacement Jutsu to fool people into thinking he died. But he really didn't. Right now he's summoning the dragons of the nine hells to come back and defeat Potter. You know, after Harry gets possessed by "we shouldn't say his name" he becomes a real prick. It was high time someone knocked him off his high horse.

There was a movie called Blood: The something or other a few years back. I thought the movie was somewhat "meh" though.

Incredibly meh. I'm picky about what I watch, as far as anime, and the movie didn't do anything for me. I'll see if my roommate has the series, and steal an episode or two from him.

Last thing I watched all the way through was 'Ergo Proxy.'

Back