Fast-with-range-indication Settings Suggestion

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Hey guys!

So I've started playing FF14 a few months ago and I'm loving it - but there is one thing I'm sorely missing in this game and that is a fast-cast setting with range indication for ground targeted skills. I admit this may be a minor detail to most and many may never even have thought about this - but let me explain real quick what I mean:

Currently, to cast a ground-targeted AoE you have to first use the skill, then position the AoE with your mouse, then click to cast the skill at the desired location - a con of this is that takes a while and requires 2 inputs (skill-use and mouse-click) but in return lets you see the range of the cast.A common fast-cast setting (that I think is also not in the game currently) would be to use a skill and have it instantly cast at your cursors position - this if course is alot faster but you lose the visual aid of actually seeing the range of the skill.

The fast-cast-with-range-indication setting I'm referring to is basically a mix of those two - when you press down the button of the skill, the AoE-Range-Indication will appear around your mouse-cursor. When you let go of the button of the skill, the skill will cast - this gives you the benefit of much faster casting of AoE's if you know exactly where you want them to be, with the added possibility of still seeing the range of the skill.

I realize this is a minor detail, but it actually happens quite alot to me in raids that I cast an AoE on my group and accidentally click a teammate and lose my target. Also, especially on SCH I often want to position my fairy away from myself but end up delaying skills way too long while doing so. This is just a minor settings-detail that, while maybe not too important to most, may go a long way for some - it definitely would for me!

Anyways, just thought I'd bring it up,

Cheers

submitted by /u/eaSyRoca
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Back