Experimental Lamia

Tarnak

Naked Thief
You can move this to the other thread if you wish fodder/aangeliceus I won't mind just figured i'd look up at least one strat for you guys.

Experimental Lamia - Easily Lowmanned

-Take it to the southern zone to fight it

-Fight it until the three babies come out, two samurai mermaid + rdm mermaid (shadowdancer)

-As mentioned in previous posts, the babies will have shared hate with the NM's target and will NOT leave that target when touched. So at this point, have the entire party ZONE. Upon re-zoning back in, the NM will NOT aggro anyone. At this point have one person outside of party shoot the NM and run towards the zone. While the kiter has aggro on the NM the main group can pull a baby off. The NM will NOT link to the baby when the individual who initially aggroed the NM zones. Therefore, one person can continuously kite the NM+remaining babies to the zone while the main party kills one baby at a time even while right in front of the NM+remaining babies.

-Based on observation the NM will BELLYDANCE (charmga) three times, once for each baby. It will use the move immediatly after a baby dies. When solo kiter aggros the NM after a baby is dead, it will ready bellydance and the target will be out of range. Because of this, instead of everyone jumping on the NM after the third baby, let the solo kiter run it back to the zone one more time to expend Experimental Lamia's last bellydance.

We did this with 8, including one THF who just hit it for TH and myself on RNG sat out the entire fight waiting for another bellydance after the initial three so I could keep the group at the zone until they were uncharmed. I can see it being done with 4-6 easily. You could do it Ix'DRG style and not kill a baby at all with each BLM in its own party then joining together for the finishing blow. Of course due to MP you would need someone with /NIN and ranged weapon to zone it while resting MP. Or you can do this melee style, PLD+healers+dmg+sole kiter using the baby seperation method described above. Don't crow up as Arrow Deluge is directional and it does hurt.
Lamia down. Took us a long time to figure out what we wanted to do. Tried to just zone nuke it at the south zone to reef but she was using her adds (popped them at like 97%) to kill us too quickly. So we figured out that the shadowdancer was curing her, we had half the group repeatedly zone the main mob and 2 adds while we killed shadowdancer.

So, we proceed to kill the other two and then it was much easier. We had a PLD/NIN stand far off from it and just keep hate while it ranged attacked him. When the few DD's we had got hate they just zoned right behind us. Under ~10% she did ranged attacks rapid fire, had to end her quickly.

When we moved outside and fought the Experimental lamia, it was a RNG type and was reluctant to come into melee range for the most part, it spammed TP moves(like all these damn ZNMs) and could use Belly Dance as well.

We came thinking, cause I guess someone heard that a few ga3's could take out the lamia it summons, that we'd have the BLMs just do that and melee kill aggro nearby, ect. We got totally wrecked though when it summoned the other 3 lamia. They did not have low hp, like what we were told; 3 ga3's took them all to about 90% HP. They had a ton of HP, and would spike hate back-on whoever Experimental Lamia's target was when it used a TP move, then it'd take awhile to pull them off again.

The summons had their own TP, but would also use TP whenever Experimental Lamia used her's. If I remember right, she summoned them around 75%; we slowed down damage because someone said it could summon them multiple times, and since it summoned at 75% I assumed it would be a 75%-50%-25% thing.

It was strange though, once the summons were dead; Experimental Lamia would shoot range on the tanks but never use TP moves, and for awhile she stopped attacking at all; we think it is probably glitched. I ended up taking hate around 20%, and that's when sh went back to normal spamming TP moves and such.

Sorry if anything here has been said already, I just wanted to give a bit more of a heads-up than we got.

Still searching, so i'll post if i find more.

Last edited:
Best strat so far

That's pretty strange that it popped for you guys at 25%.. Popped for us, and many others from what I read at like 99%(might be time based I thought).

We had everyone, except the popper and a PLD go drop down the second ledge and stay in that tunnel(the zone). The popper and extra person would be in a PT by themselves, outside ally of course. Train it to the zone, and have both people zone. They should disband party, and take turns zoning the lamia. It had popped the summons at this point for us. When it does, a person from the main ally/PT should claim one of the helpers. They do NOT link with experimental lamia, or any of the other helpers. And none of them aggro at all. You can safely kill one of the helpers in the tunnel, and the lamia will walk by ignoring you completely. The two people that are zoning experimental lamia, should always claim her, not the helpers when they zone.

Once you get the zoning down, it's a pretty easy fight. Still not sure why it popped for you guys at 25% though. Hope this helps.

Back