Dynamis Lord

Jotaru

shinobi-no-mono
FC/Active Member
Fuggin cool as hell... They died, but they owned him so hard before they did that its not even funny. They make our attempts with MH seem like rock throwing; I think this video hints at what we really need to do; totally OWN him before he has a chance to do Fuckupga.

Where? {Link}

lots of BLM.... lots of RDM... lots of RNG... lots of melee sleeping TP, unloading WS, pop Wing, WS... meanwhile trying to keep Chainspell Stun on him... easier said than done with Ying and Yang all over you too. Now that's a real fight^^.

-benny

What I’m thinking for a Dynamis Lord strat.

(Full attack!) will not work. I’ve been in a group that tried it. Even with a 7 RDM/DRK chainspell/stun rotation + BRD Hymnus spam, it does not work. As in the above video, he pokes his sword in the ground and everyone dies.

Here’s what I am thinking to take him out.

4 alliances. Numbered 1-4.

Prior to engagement,

Full rest, ALL melee sleep 150+ TP

To start, we employ strat similar to our Beaucedine strat where someone (Fodder most likely) aggros SL so he spawns dragons, and pop the 5 powder boots to train Ying and Yang to the starting point.

Alliance 1 primary PLD with W. Legs voke SL and kites him around at the bottom of the hill below Castle Vahzl. No one attacks until Fodder dies. Also, on person follows Fodder halfway back to starting points to wait for dragons to return.

Once Fodder dies, the following occur in parallel:

Ying and Yang:

1. When dragons are halfway back, the spotter notifies in /l so that 2 RNG with AF gloves can run up and shadowbind them. Spotter stays with dragons. Once Shadowbound, they run back and continue fighting.

2. When Shadowbind wears, spotter notifies again so 2 more rng can go shadowbind. Holding dragons off for as long as possible is imperative. Repeat with available RNG as possible.

Dynamis Lord:

1. Alliance 1 (Full attack!) in waves. BRDs keep Hymnus rolling. Melee by party run in and renkei, run out, next PT in alliance goes in. If they die, reraise and pull back sleep 150 TP, get Hymnus on them asap.

2. Once Alliance 1 is dead/used TP and runs, Alliance 2 repeats same actions as alliance 1.

3. Once Alliance 2 is dead/used TP and runs, Alliance 3 repeats same actions as alliance 2.

4. Once Alliance 3 is dead/used TP and runs, Alliance 4 repeats same actions as alliance 3.

5. Repeat 1-4 until Dynamis Lord is dead. Also use Icarus wings when possible for additional dmg.

By doing this, there should be 5-10 minutes to kill DL. The important thing is to keep only the current party engaging within his AoE range as he can one shot all 64 people if they are too close.

-------------------

An all out brawl is not possible in this fight. It will only result in a wipe. I think by doing this we can win with only losing 5-10k exp. Well worth it compared to repeated failures over time.

While kiting, kite away from large groups of players even if it means you die, bad positioning and DL getting off an AoE at the wrong place and time will result in a wipe.

I noticed this, the rdm didnt have stoneskin on...would that have saved him?

Idk how much stoneskin helps or if blink would have helped so yea

Stoneskin will get wiped in one AoE bout... And after that, you're just wasting time to recast. His AoE "Fuckeverythingga" will surely defeat you over a stoneskin.

Fodder's idea is great; we shortly discussed it, and it definitely seems like how it has to be done. His AoE will kill everyone... You can have 60 people unengaged and 4 people attacking, everyone still dies. You can only do so much damage before he kills erverything ^^ Moving in waves looks like what they did here, and I believe it will help vastly. The zoning of the dragons looks like it will help a lot; this should give us plenty of time. Dynamis Lord does not look like he will take too long to kill; in the video he was brought from 100% -> 20% in just a minute or two. With the proper setup to win (and everybody FOCUS and LISTEN) I think we can do this (with a full crew).

If we could keep him at the base of the hill , and all RNGs / Mages on top, they would not get hit with AoE

Let's play with positioning demons in Xarc for R. Attk and casting to see how that works for us.

When i fought him i noticed his AoE attack has like double attack or something cause 1st damage was like 800 then without even doing another move i then took another 800 damge...this guy is brutal. I think Fodder has a point when he says all out attack is certain death, I think the fight needs to be more tactical as well.

~Dar

I agree with Corvac here! Good to see someone else noticed it. During a Xarcabard run I was in a Ying-kill party. After he died, we all went after Dynamis Lord... He was atop the little hill leading to the climb to Castle Zvahl, and I was down on the floor, off the "cliff" that is there. I was in range, but on a different level than him. I was happily casting the shit outta him; I got a nice Thundaga 3, Blizzard 4, etc. off on him without taking any damage whatsoever. Tanking in one spot and fighting in another might be a good idea, unless hate is too sketchy. Perhaps do it like Fodder suggested... but with all the tanks on the hill, and everyone else on the bottom end? Could still switch alliances in while separating everyone... I noticed visually the amount of damage I did before he finally killed everyone and came and got me.

Back