"Dirge of Cerberus"... sucks or rocks?

Neodevilbane

Master of the Martini
You tell me.

Heres my opinion:

Worth getting? yes

Worth waiting for the used copies to appear at the game stores? Yes

---

Its like Devil may Cry style of gameplay which will be noticed by people who have played it. The story is good, it continues and goes further into the whole Vincent Backstory.

Lots of old ff7 areas which are cool but then there is a city that did not appear in the original game, which was kind of odd.

Reeves is big in the games story and so is Yuffie to an extent though you always are either fighting by yourself or with a few random soldiers you have to save.

You can customize your guns with different accesories which is cool. You have 3 base guns and can you whichever accesory more than once on any of the guns. But it just boils down to you want a: pistol, rifle, machine gun.

I liked playing it, gameplay was short, but there are a bunch of extra missions which are very challenging.

It's decent enough for a shooter. Nothing groundbreaking or new really, but it was still pretty enjoyable. Definetly worth a playthrough at least once if you like the FFVII storyline. Might wanna wait for a reduced price though, as it was pretty short.

Also, the city Faye mentioned was Edge, which wasn't in FFVII but was the town they were primarily in during Advent Children. It's on the border of Midgar.

I personally hate FPSs on console games lol, I am a mouse fan, and you can apparantly buy a keyboard and mouse for the ps2 >.> but not worth it.

Its funky getting the controls right for me, but the options are enough to make a lot of different changes.

I beat it in one six hour sitting.

Wonderful story that highlights the lesser liked characters in FFVII.

Lots of extras, you can play through it several times on the different modes.

PS. Upgrade the Cerberus :).

Back