Digging Items counter please ^.~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sassafras

Calendar Girl
FC/Active Member
Hi Kal,

I know.. I'm lazy. Will you please see about adding a simple counting feature? I don't care about what I get, what zone I'm in, time or anything else.

Count "obtained"
Count dig but nothing obtained.

That's it. New fatigue thing is annoying & you can get 100 items only. counting by hand is really really irritaing.

Thank you!

p.s. Just let me know if you don't want to bother, cause that's ok too.

I can do it, but probably not for 1.0. Maybe 1.2 which shouldn't be too long after I release 1.0. It's not hard, but each new feature I add introduces a level of risk, so I'm not adding any new features for 1.0 except what is already in there, and all I'm doing now is tweaking, polishing, and fixing bugs until I get a release.

Re: Dig parser

I can do it, but probably not for 1.0. Maybe 1.2 which shouldn't be too long after I release 1.0. It's not hard, but each new feature I add introduces a level of risk, so I'm not adding any new features for 1.0 except what is already in there, and all I'm doing now is tweaking, polishing, and fixing bugs until I get a release.

How about a whole other parser just for me? No melee junk in there at all XD...

(I'm so spoiled)

Or maybe I'll try to learn how to code.. yeah right... and build one all to myself.

One for crafting & digging, no fighting stuff at all.. now that would be interesting.

How about a whole other parser just for me? No melee junk in there at all XD...

(I'm so spoiled)

Or maybe I'll try to learn how to code.. yeah right... and build one all to myself.

One for crafting & digging, no fighting stuff at all.. now that would be interesting.
I've always been interested in one that would track crafting, but it always seemed problematic. The chat log alone doesn't give enough info. For instance, some desynths have the same result for NQ and HQ1, but different for HQ2/3; seeing only the log, you don't know if there was an HQ or not. Just made some velvet cloth, but did I use the cotton or wool thread recipe? And nothing in there to track things that crafters would love to have more data on: direction, moon, day, time of day, elemental resistances, etc. (Though some of that you'd do manually, like you account for equipment differences with damage parses).

My best scheme for getting the interesting info involved macros that you'd push before and after the synth, which would /echo something to your log that a parser could pick up as well as /clock. It would have info about the synth as well as the result (hit a macro for "HQ2", "break, full loss", etc). It was horribly manual and relied on people setting macros exactly right (so pretty fragile :p). I played around with the idea for a bit but never developed it.

Maybe now that people have more detailed access through windower and related utilities, such a tool is more feasible. If I could even get just time/moon/result recorded semi-automatically, I'd be thrilled.

Sadly, my own personal reservations regarding windower/etc would keep me from using such a tool. And I certainly don't expect SE to output more info than it currently is. :p *sigh* If there was enough info in the existing chat log, I'd already have one running by now....

I'm sure I could make something that could know the moon/time/etc without you needing to type /clock. But you probably wouldn't use it anyway, like you said due to your reservations about Windower :(

Sorry for resurrecting an older post. As far as knowing the current Vanadiel time, couldn't you use a time converter like the ones used for the Vanadiel Clock javascript apps? Everytime a synth is logged you could just convert the time stamp into the Vanadiel Time and retrieve the data from there?

I had planned on doing it that way for a parser I was working on, but with so many other parsers available I don't work on it all too often.

Yea, that's actually what I was getting at when I said I could probably knowthe moon/time/etc without having to type clock. It could just convert earth time to vana time using some formula.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back