December Version Update Preview (11/17/2008)

Aangeliceus

Kitteh's Meow
FC/Leadership
PlayOnline said:

With the release of each version update, Vana'diel continues its transformation into an ever more adventurer-friendly realm. In staying true to this tradition, the development team is working hard on a host of adjustments and additions that will allow our players to focus on what they do best: adventuring!
PlayOnline said:
Chariot, Empress, and Emperor Bands

To date, recharging these items required that adventurers call upon guard NPCs located within designated conquest areas and towns. Depending on their current job level, however, adventurers may find these areas to be a considerable time and distance away from their current base of operation. To address this inconvenience, West Aht Urhgan and Past Vana'diel are scheduled to be added to the list of rechargeable locations for the bands. The price of the service in these new locations will be consistent with that of existing areas.

Treasure Coffers and Chests

That these mysterious containers house an assortment of highly sought-after items such as artifacts and maps is no secret. Such is their popularity among adventurers that those who seek them wishing to acquire the aforementioned items are often left frustrated by others who have different spoils, namely miscellaneous items and gil, in mind. The December version update will see the respawn time for coffers and chests significantly cut specifically for those in the hunt for items such as artifacts and maps.

Jeuno

Recent adventurer lifestyle-related improvements made to town areas have focused mainly on the three nations. In light of current adventuring trends in Aht Urhgan and the recent influx of new adventurers, the spotlight has been cast once more upon Jeuno. Adventurers can look forward to the following changes during their visits to the duchy following the December version update:

- The sales tax imposed on bazaars will be abolished in all areas of the duchy.

- Teleportation to Aht Urhgan Whitegate will be available for mercenaries via the Salaheem's Sentinels representative NPC in Upper Jeuno.

3815_9.jpg

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/3815/detail.html

- Teleportation to Aht Urhgan Whitegate will be available for mercenaries via the Salaheem's Sentinels representative NPC in Upper Jeuno.

About. Time.

"Small" stuff, but OMGYES! :D

Treasure Coffers and Chests

That these mysterious containers house an assortment of highly sought-after items such as artifacts and maps is no secret. Such is their popularity among adventurers that those who seek them wishing to acquire the aforementioned items are often left frustrated by others who have different spoils, namely miscellaneous items and gil, in mind. The December version update will see the respawn time for coffers and chests significantly cut specifically for those in the hunt for items such as artifacts and maps.
wtf... This is what they've been spending their time on? Change the "[cofferrespawn]" value to "5" and be done with it.

oh god. More lag in jeuno now cause all the bazzars will be there instead of the field.... I didn't see anything wrong with having bazzars out there.

Jeuno has been quite lonely. All the newer players there have no idea what use to happen on the mean streets of Jeuno. lol.

oh god. More lag in jeuno now cause all the bazzars will be there instead of the field.... I didn't see anything wrong with having bazzars out there.

I think it's designed to try to improve whitegate lag more than anything. I don't think the mall bazaars will move inside but you never know.

wtf... This is what they've been spending their time on? Change the "[cofferrespawn]" value to "5" and be done with it.

The way I understood it is that they'll change it so coffers/chests will respawn more often, but people who are not in need of AF/maps will not be able to spam them for gil. Because frankly, if I could open 2-5 coffers/chests an hour and have a chance to receive 3-25k gil or items per pop, well, I'd have my new money-making scheme, that's for damn sure, and so would a lot of RMTs. :p

maybe there will be tele taxi's now in jeuno.
sometimes it takes me a good 5-10 minutes to get a whm to teleport me... and its usually for like 3k+

none of this cheapo 1k reward

About. Time.
amen!! I've had that quest done for all 4 citys since the NPC's hit (I'm thinking before the expansion actually went live) and it always pissed me off I couldn't get to Whitegate from Jeuno.

there better be more...

-ara

nope. that's it.

there's no way they'd announce anything at the japanese fanfest next week.

sorry, i can honestly say i dont keep track of when jp fanfest is, silly me.

-ara

The NA fanfest is the first weekend in December, they may save some stuff for then.

I'm not sure how much more they can really do though. September's update was pretty epic and it'll be pretty tough to follow it.

So far beyond this they said they're adding more quests and WotG missions plus the new custom dungeons. They also gave the typical 'new items and equipment' spiel, though we won't get details on those til DAT mining starts on the day of the update. Other than some major change to game mechanics or something like a new avatar, I can't see what else they'd announce. Anything like that is going to be announced at either fanfest I'm sure.

On another note, do we even have anyone going to the NA fanfest this year?

I'm still praying for those Dragoon Wyvern enhancements they promised oooh so long ago. (not the emotes!) A fix to assault and salvage would be nice and if you get time, just ... cancel the PUP job. Give every 75 a choice of another job or gil and just delete it. Joke's over guys.

Varda is seriously going to kill you now.

As far as wyvern enhancements, other than the exp = buffs over time, what all can they do? There's a lot that I would like to see with wyverns but most of it would require a complete overhaul. Then again, so did level sync I guess.

just ... cancel the PUP job. Give every 75 a choice of another job or gil and just delete it. Joke's over guys.

Oh yeah? I posted this in September:

MegaAeroIV.jpg

At Kirin - the automaton is Kenbishi, the rest of the names in the screenshot are BLMs (plus Diabolos).

Also, my bad - for Kirin, a lot of PUPs seems to like to use their Valoredge frame:
201007KirinOne.jpg

Muffin is the automaton (this is from Valefor, btw).

Three more parses with muffin:
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p52/Diexna/061007Kirintwo.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p52/Diexna/201007KirinTwo.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p52/Diexna/290907KirinOne.jpg

img_20070929_214155.png

Muffin vs Kirin summons (it's behind the red text, look carefully... sorry, best pic I found)

In Limbus:
Gadgsnuke2.jpg

Gadgsnuke1.jpg

Non-Iceday manaburn:
Ebony4.jpg

Ebony2.jpg

Ebony1.jpg

PUPs at sky has downsides, though; they can't time their nukes the same way a BLM can, and they resisted - a lot. And of course, no stun. I doubt any PUP would outperform a BLM with relic/Morrigan's pieces and max merits and such, but your average joe schmo BLM you'll find in sky I think will meet a challenge.

Also, I'm going to Fanfest with Pat.

...there was a pretty shield. >.> Of course I had to go.

Back