Dealing With ‘badly Behaved’ Dps

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
I’ve run about 200 dungeons/trials over the last month as I’ve started up with FFXIV and 99.9% of the time the etiquette has been amazing.

Tank sets pace, everyone else follows their lead.

Tonight, I had an interesting run with my wife (tank), where one of the dps kept running a fair ways ahead and grabbing multiple mobs first, a couple of seconds before we arrived, setting their own pace. They did this for much of the dungeon, including on bosses, despite being asked kindly a couple of times to just leave it to the tank (with no response).

My wife was learning tanking (mid-30’s dungeon), I was learning Astro, and she didn’t want to go too nuts with the packs, but wasn’t going slow. She’s played the game for years and is a really great DPS player, but just hasn’t tanked before. She didn’t like having someone else dictate how many mobs were going to be pulled. But, she didn’t want to cause trouble and just put up with it.

My question is - how do people generally deal with DPS starting to get a little antsy in dungeons? Do you generally leave it, because it’s easier just to bite your lip and get through the dungeon without raising it?

Or do you try to educate in another ‘inventive’ manner? Is this ‘bad behaviour’ or does this fall back on us because the DPS wanted/expected larger pulls in a low level dungeon?

submitted by /u/joshcorbo82
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Back