Damage Per Second

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shadowdragon

Non-Validated User
Just a suggestion/request. I have found that testing for the best gear for damage is very hard with a traditional parser as the mobs take different damage totals and the group damage contribution to the mob varies depending on who gets that last shot in. With this doing real time parsing would there be a possibility of adding the players damage per second as a display option. Maybe with the option of setting the fight duration to be confined to each players action(their timer starts with first offensive action to the mob and ending on their last offensive action before it dies) and a fight total one starting when the first offensive action is recorded and ending when the mob dies.

If my memory of calculus serves me, there's no need to set fight durations. Should be able to calculate it as the hits come in as instantaneous rates.

Yea this is one of those things I've had in the abck of my mind for a while. Like Nekio said, it's doable since you can tell instantly from the chat log when a player performs any action vs. when they're idle or afk because they're not doing anything

I think calculating two separate DPS schemes would be useful.

The first being the actual DPS when attacking, i.e. a player is in the engaged state would be the best method, unfortunately you can't tell this from the chat log. Calculating it from the first swing until the message stating the mob was defeated or falls to the ground might be adequate as well.

The second method I'd like to see built in is DPS over the complete time of the parse, i.e. Total DMG/# seconds parse running. Sure someone might be kicking ass when they are engaged, but if they are slow to engage because they are watching Naruto this would make it apparent who is on the ball and who is not.

The second method I'd like to see built in is DPS over the complete time of the parse, i.e. Total DMG/# seconds parse running. Sure someone might be kicking ass when they are engaged, but if they are slow to engage because they are watching Naruto this would make it apparent who is on the ball and who is not.

/derail on

Wow fodder... you left the door wide open on this one.

/derail off

I think calculating two separate DPS schemes would be useful.

The first being the actual DPS when attacking, i.e. a player is in the engaged state would be the best method, unfortunately you can't tell this from the chat log. Calculating it from the first swing until the message stating the mob was defeated or falls to the ground might be adequate as well.

How about a field that just says "% downtime"?

This is one thing that is of interest for me. One the "views" that I preferred in the old parser that broke is one where I can view how much damage I did for each individual battle. At the moment, all I'm doing is just manually calculating total damage / # of battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back