Customer Service..

Fiko

Fikowned
FC/Active Member
Wow.. I just got back from work/shopping/mcdonalds.. and I never go to mcdonalds.

I didn't feel like cooking dinner tonight, so thought.. hey, I'm in the mood for a baconator. So I pull into the local Wendy's drive-in, foregoing the ordering stand, or whatever you call it (the place where you place your order). I go up to the window, just realizing what I did, however the rep seemed willing to talk to me.

She was an old fat lady.. not very appealing to the eyes. Obviously hates her job, and her life, and the world for that matter. She used to work at the burger king across the street, I remembered her face.

"You didn't place your order yet.. you have to go around."

"Oh.. sorry about that."

"You have to go all the way around."

"yeah.. sorry. I'll just.."

"You have to go around."

now getting pissed off, as I'm trying to leave this conversation in a polite manner, unlike this old hag.

"I KNOW!" *leaves*

I thought twice about this, I was half inclined to go inside and speak to the manager on duty and complain about this lady (if you can even call her that) and her behavior. People make mistakes, and I'll be the first to admit when I made one.. but when you get paid minimum wage in a job where you deal with customers every day.. you should know how to be polite, because the way things are these days, you can't afford to lose your job. And as someone who works in customer service over the phone, it's easy to tell when someone is being unnecessarily rude.

Yeah so I went to the much closer mcdonalds, and the very attractive young lady there was a million times nicer, and I am no longer hungry.

Anyone else have customer service stories?

The third time she says that, my car goes in park in that drive thru and I don't move until a manager talks to me or the police come.

I have one dealing with a Wendy's too. I remember ordering at the drive through like normal, my order came to something like $4.63. I just had come from the ATM, so I only had 10s and 20s on me. I'm sitting in the drive-thru waiting for around 8-9 minutes and I'm folding the $10 I have in my hand because I'm bored as hell.

I finally make it to the window and I get the food I ordered and hand them my $10. I get the coin change back and the window closes. I'm sitting there for maybe another 30 seconds before the window comes open again and I'm asked "Is there something you're waiting on?"

"Yeah, I'd like to get the rest of my change back if it's not too much trouble."

"You gave me a five."

"No ma'am, I gave you a ten, the ATM I just came from does not dispense fives."

I'm finally told that they'll have to count the drawer. I agree to it knowing that they'll find that it's off, so I pull over to the parking spots on the side and listen to the radio while I eat lunch and wait for them to count the drawer.

About 30 mins go by and I hadn't heard anything, I decide to go inside to try to find out where they're at. I come to the counter and ask what the status of the drawer count was and if it was possible to get my change back finally.

They look at me as if I'm crazy. I finally tell them that I was told that they would have to do a drawer count in order to give me my change back. They tell me they can't get to it now and to come back at 3:00. I knew this was a brush-off move because it was obvious that the drive-thru girl was skimming off of the register and she fucked up. The receipt I was given doesn't even match what I was given back anyway, it pretty much said that I gave the exact amount.

This is where I finally snap, I don't really do it often. I told them that they were not taking anymore orders until they resolved it and blocked the line. I remember yelling and pounding on the counter that what they just suggested to me was "Fucking Bullshit" and said, "You're going to fix this right now or call the cops to remove me and we can see who is skimming from your registers."

I blocked the line and remember the register workers backing up and motioning the maintenance man to come towards me at the counter.

They brought another manager up and I told them that I didn't give a flying fuck if the change owed was $.01, somebody fucked up when trying to register-skim. I told them that I was prepared to stay standing there until 3:00 in order to have it fixed. They finally just gave me my change back in order to get me out of the place.

I apologized to the people in line for cursing and blocking the order route. I was the new guy at my job and it just so happened that the two guys from the Repro department were in the Wendy's eating lunch that day and I met them officially the very next day to get a change package repro'd and boxed for a delivery. They didn't even know my name, but they started laughing when I introduced myself to them. They already recognized me from the day before and asked me if I felt like getting a bite to eat at Wendy's.

I remember not going back there for about 7 months, when I did go back I still recognized one of the register workers there and it seemed as if they remembered me, lol.

The third time she says that, my car goes in park in that drive thru and I don't move until a manager talks to me or the police come.

I have one dealing with a Wendy's too. I remember ordering at the drive through like normal, my order came to something like $4.63. I just had come from the ATM, so I only had 10s and 20s on me. I'm sitting in the drive-thru waiting for around 8-9 minutes and I'm folding the $10 I have in my hand because I'm bored as hell.

I finally make it to the window and I get the food I ordered and hand them my $10. I get the coin change back and the window closes. I'm sitting there for maybe another 30 seconds before the window comes open again and I'm asked "Is there something you're waiting on?"

"Yeah, I'd like to get the rest of my change back if it's not too much trouble."

"You gave me a five."

"No ma'am, I gave you a ten, the ATM I just came from does not dispense fives."

I'm finally told that they'll have to count the drawer. I agree to it knowing that they'll find that it's off, so I pull over to the parking spots on the side and listen to the radio while I eat lunch and wait for them to count the drawer.

About 30 mins go by and I hadn't heard anything, I decide to go inside to try to find out where they're at. I come to the counter and ask what the status of the drawer count was and if it was possible to get my change back finally.

They look at me as if I'm crazy. I finally tell them that I was told that they would have to do a drawer count in order to give me my change back. They tell me they can't get to it now and to come back at 3:00. I knew this was a brush-off move because it was obvious that the drive-thru girl was skimming off of the register and she fucked up. The receipt I was given doesn't even match what I was given back anyway, it pretty much said that I gave the exact amount.

This is where I finally snap, I don't really do it often. I told them that they were not taking anymore orders until they resolved it and blocked the line. I remember yelling and pounding on the counter that what they just suggested to me was "Fucking Bullshit" and said, "You're going to fix this right now or call the cops to remove me and we can see who is skimming from your registers."

I blocked the line and remember the register workers backing up and motioning the maintenance man to come towards me at the counter.

They brought another manager up and I told them that I didn't give a flying fuck if the change owed was $.01, somebody fucked up when trying to register-skim. I told them that I was prepared to stay standing there until 3:00 in order to have it fixed. They finally just gave me my change back in order to get me out of the place.

I apologized to the people in line for cursing and blocking the order route. I was the new guy at my job and it just so happened that the two guys from the Repro department were in the Wendy's eating lunch that day and I met them officially the very next day to get a change package repro'd and boxed for a delivery. They didn't even know my name, but they started laughing when I introduced myself to them. They already recognized me from the day before and asked me if I felt like getting a bite to eat at Wendy's.

I remember not going back there for about 7 months, when I did go back I still recognized one of the register workers there and it seemed as if they remembered me, lol.

hahaha oh man, that's hilarious.. i can't believe they would make that much of a fuss over $5. $5 is not going to make or break their company either way..

and yeah I probably shouldn't have given in, but that's just the way I am.. not that the thought hadn't crossed my mind and I honestly considered it.. funny part is, I realized my mistake before I even made it, and if they were polite about it I wouldn't even care. There's a system and there's a reason they have it. I probably won't be showing up there anytime soon.

This kind of thing drives me insane, because as I said, I answer phones. The difference is my calls are recorded. So if I'm rude, all they need is one complaint, they can pull the call, and I get in trouble. Needless to say, I deal with rude customers all day.. the last thing I need is to get out of work, only to get an attitude while I'm just trying to get some food.

Your story reminds me of something similar at a local burger king as well.. but it ended much quicker and much easier. They give me my meal, close the window... never handed me a drink. I was about to get pissed.. and I was for the minute or two it took them to find me still sitting there.. they opened the window, "I ordered a drink with this.." and they gave it to me. That's how customer service is supposed to be, at least at places like this.

Oh but it's not just customer service.. I think people are just in a crabby mood today or something. On my way to the movies to see Star Trek for the third time (i'm not THAT much a fan, just people keep dragging me to it), I'm stopped at a light in a 4-way intersection, one lane, no left turn arrow or anything. Turns green, wait for oncoming traffic to clear.. several minutes go by, still no chance for me to go.. looks like I'm about to have my chance as the traffic clears.. asshole behind me decides to beep his
horn and yell at me.

It's like.. I'm sorry, sir, you wanted me to collide into oncoming traffic, wreck my new car I still have to pay off, and create a massive traffic pile up.. why?

I was almost inclined to sit there and let it turn red.. but I'm not that much an asshole and the people behind him may had been a bit more patient.

To steal an explanation for ffxi-related things... is it the moon phase??

Back