Computer question

lostsoul

Another computer i use sometimes to play ffxi on keeps crashing and restarting itself. Someone told me it might be the video card so i got a new one, but that didn't solve the problem.

When it restarts and boots back into windows, i get a message saying that "Windows has recovered from a serious error. I click on the link in the message and i get this

BCCode : c2 BCP1 : 00000007 BCP2 : 00000CD4 BCP3 : 0000002B
BCP4 : 821E2008 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

I have no idea what any of it means, anyone else know?

This is a bug check error that relates to a bad driver or hardware item.

Specifically, it could be your HDD having problems or bad RAM. I find it unlikely that it's a driver since you haven't changed drivers.

In my opnion, I would replace the ram.... just based on the error codes.

Heat problems as you stated in LS chat could be a problem too.

if you can write down the specific stop code thats shown on the blue screen it would help. it's usually a number with 16 digits (i think). it'll look something like this:
000000000000007F or someshit.

You should be able to open Event Viewer (Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer) and look for one with a code of 1001 or 1003. Example:

savedump.jpg

Copy the text from that "Description" window into a message here, and also try to host the .dmp file that it refers to (
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini052106-01.dmp in my case)
on an FTP site somewhere and I can open it in a debugger and figure out more info about the problem if necessary

Reporter Stelocopter bringing the news to your front step, 1 house at a time.

~Pitlith

I had a problem like this too, but it actually was my gfx card. I didnt replace it, I just updated the drivers.

Back