Class Trees

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
I feel with more expansions that come out the need for class trees becomes more effective in giving the jobs a choice for the player. As well as give the player an identity to the Job.

I know it's not good give choice when end game meta is more strict on what you can bring into a raid.

But if every single job had two trees to choose from that would give buffs based on a play style you like then why not. Just keep them even as far as potency goes.

This would give options for MT tank Off tank DPS.
DPS stances would have meaning and give a tree for each stance. i.e. monk wind, fire. Or for Bard: Songs or DPS.
Healers i.e. astro would have shields or Heal over time.

This would really require knowing the fight you are going into and specing for what the raid is requiring.

Example: Don't have quite the MT level of stats/gear necessary for the raid? Well we will have you OT, and spec in raid defense buffs tree. This helps compliment the raid more without excluding. You become necessary based on the content.

This makes the content/raid much more intense if you have a DPS check (DPS uses more support/buffs to get past phases), a Raid Wide AOE check (use more defense buffs to survive better), an Enrage check (Raw damage increase from DPS/Healers/Tanks from respective trees) and then finally an enrage/hybrid check (RAW damage from everyone while also preventing high damage from boss i.e. Combo of DPS buffs/ Defense Buffs to get past phase)

I really like the idea of a raid not being face roll easy and just avoiding AOE. Make it requiring everyone in the raid doing there part to not only DPS like crazy, but help keep the raid alive by supporting the healers.

Just allow the classes to lean into something a little bit more then the other that can help compliment the content.

I don't know I think it would be interesting if this was something SE experimented with. Or it would be more complex then I think. Who knows?

Continue reading...

Back