Changes I Would Like To See In 6.0

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
White Mage/abilities being removed
Raise, Medica 1, Revamping Cure III, Presence of mind.
Astrologian - their raise spell, Synergy, Light Speed
Scholar - Remove dissipation and Summon Selene. Change stratagem, resurrection

New Role Skills

Critical Mass. This makes any spell you have has a 100% chance to crit. The reason why certain abilities have been removed is because of this. An additional effect of this ability makes the caster immune to knockbacks and slow effects, or spell interruption. This change will also be added to Caster DPS kit

New changes to swift cast
You have two charges to swift cast instead of one; every 60 seconds you will recharge a charge allowing you to have more swift casts than one.

Synergy is now a healer role skill with a few things adjusted to make it fit. Light speed is also a role skill alongside Presence of Mind.

Resurrection
Removing all resurrection spells from healers and adding just one to a healer role skill makes sense. It is very similar to what they did to Esuna however there are two changes they can take with this. They can make resurrection an instant cast spell with a cooldown of 30 seconds. The reason behind this is because I find current resurrection spells are unhealthy for the game. A DPS dies and if swift cast is on cooldown that person usually stays dead. This is bad for a lot of reasons. This is a massive DPS loss and it promotes bad play. A player's mentality today is that if they die they will be automatically resurrected and it doesn't matter if they make mistakes. This change will make players want to try a bit more to not get themselves killed.

Of course, Esuna is coming back and lucid dreaming should be able to stay

Spells coming back to replace old ones.

White Mage will gain Aero 3 and Dia 2 but will lose Fluid Aura

Scholar gains Shadow Flare and Bane back. I think these are great spells and don't think they should have been removed ever, however, what Scholar is losing the ability to summon Selene, however, similar to the Summoner you will have fairy glamours which will allow you to change your pet to your choice of colour, glamour, wings etc and making you have 1 fairy that does the same abilities rather than two fairies.

Astrologian Draw and Play will become one ability when you draw a card and play it again you can use it on another player. You also gain a new ability called star shower

Star Shower effects are dependent on what sect you are in. You will comets on the targets on a circular area and put current combust on all targets. If used in nocturnal sect this will do a lot of damage placing slow for 10%. The reason why I call it star shower and not meteor is that it goes against lore it fits the Astrologian very well. This spell has a cd which makes it different than gravity but hits harder.

Continue reading...

Back