Can Dragons Shapeshift Or Use Glamour? (possible Spoilers)

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
I was talking with a friend about possibly making an RP character who is a dragon disguised as an elezen, and was wanting some input from people who are knowledgeable about lore, and clarification on things I might get wrong.

From what I gather and remember at this point:

-Dragons are, in essence, space aliens. All dragons on Hydaelyn trace their roots back to Midgardsormr, who came to Hydaelyn from another world known as Dragonstar.

-Dragons are possessed of powerful magicks, the source of which are their eyes. A dragon who has lost an eye loses a large portion of their power, which anyone who holds a dragon's eye gains their power, albeit at the cost of potentially falling under that dragon's influence (see: Niddhog and Estinien).

-When Niddhog took over Estinien's body through his eyes, Estinien's form changed a few times. First, the eyes were grafted into Estinien's body. Later, Estinien is transformed into Niddhog. During the subsequent trial battle against Niddhog's shade, Niddhog briefly transforms into a humanoid form using Estinien as a basis.

-Dragons that are particularly powerful can maintain some presence in the world of the living even after their body has perished. We see this in Midgardsormr's case when he creates a small vessel to follow the WoL during the latter part of the ARR MSQ going into HW.

-During HW, some elezen transform into dragons when they drink dragon blood. If Spoken peoples can transform into dragons, could the inverse also be possible?

Continue reading...

Back